Chapter 10

Chapter 10

-Clove-

We're the first to be in place, but soon after everyone else is there and the training starts.

A coach stands in front of us and speak up the rules, but I don't listen, I have my attention somewhere else.

The knife station.

But when we're free to start I stand there next to Cato. I had promised to at least stand by and try to look dangerous when he gather the careerists. But then, then I'm going to the knives.

My hands tickles when I see the fine, fine knives. I can hardly wait to join them, if only Cato could hurry up, that is.

I go with him when he goes two the guy from District 1.

"Hi", the guy says.

"Hello", Cato reply. "You want to be in the group?"

The boy nods.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"I'm Trevor", he says.

"Okey, I'm Clove", I say and stare him down. "And this is Cato".

"Where are your partner?" Cato asks.

Trevor's pointing towards the station with knots. There we see a man hanging and dangling from the foot and down, from a rod that hangs from the ceiling. A girl stands beside and laughs.

Trevor starts to go up to her and we follow.

"Hey Iza", he says.

"Hey there".

"We have formed a group with District 2", Trevor tells her. "This is Cato and Clove".

"I'm Iza-Liza, hate my name, so just call me Iza".

Iza-Liza? For real?

"Okay sure, but it's pretty, your name", I say.

"Yeah right, your that kid from 2".

I just walk away.

"Oh, did I hurt your feelings", she says with a baby voice.

They all follows me.

I take a knife from the station. I jump and is so fast, the next thing, I'm holding the knife to Iza's throat.

"One. More. Word. I dare you", I say threateningly. "One word".