Chapter 1

Chapter 1

-Clove-

I remember. Eight years, I was eight years old. Mother and father left me at the training center in District 2. It's a training center all the kids live in during the week, but we all live at home on the weekends and public holidays. There are different training houses for all the ages ehich contains differwnt levels. We are trained for the Hunger Games.

The very first day I showed exactly what I went for. Throwing knife. My teachers had a long meeting while I sat with my parents and waited at the end of the day. After a long while they came out, the manager and my teachers. I were going to move up two grades. I were going to take classes with those who were two years older than me. They were ten and I were eight.

The very first day with them I was teased. How could I be so good that I had to move up two years, right? However. They stopped when they saw me throw the knives. Almost everyone tried to prove that they were better than me at throwing knives. But no one succeeded.

I stood and threw a few hours. Only focused on what I did. But after a while, when I turned around I saw someone. A boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. Even though he is ten years old everyone can see how big his muscles are.

He looked around and stayed with his eyes. That's when I realized that he was looking at me. Our eyes met and I could not tell if he was smiling or if he snorted.

It's been eight years since then and I've always known. But never said anything, never even talked to him. And I might never get the chance, now that everyone knows that he is going to sign up as a volunteer for the Hunger Games.

His namne is Cato. And I, I'm Clove.