The Last Exam

So it was our last exam which was a week before our annual function. A news came flying in that we have to stay in school after the exam for the function's practice. As soon as I stepped out of my classroom, a voice scratched, "stop!", and I knew it was Adnaan. Now he's my one of my best-friends but I hate him because he flirts better than me and that too with my girls. On turning the other side I saw Avni who seemed a bit sad so i ignored Adnaan's voice and went to Avni. Avni is my oldest friend who understands me the best but the problem with her is that she does not like any of my girls.

I asked her about her dropped down face to which she replied that it's because of her exam which didn't go so well.

Adnaan came to us running, leaned to place his hands on his knees and affirmed that we should not forget him to which I replied, " a devil is always with you in your bad times."

Adnaan reflexed after hearing this but before he could say anything Anvi said, "it was not for you Adnaan, comeon he's joking. Let's go downstairs and find something to eat."

We started our great journey to the school canteen which was at the ground level and was holding our prize, food!

I have no idea what Adnaan and Avni were discussing because I was more busy in finding Yogita. On reachingthe ground level, unfortunately, I didn't see Yogita but spotted Naisha with Akash. Now this guy Akash, he is an older friend of Naisha than me and loves her more than me, according to Naisha. I am not at all jealous of him because of two reasons, first, Naisha loves neither one of us or atleast she hasn't confessed yet, second, they are not in a relationship. The reason why I am jealous is that everybody else tells me that they are in a relationship. Anyway, it was obvious that she was not gonna come to me as long as she was with Akash but winked at me which made me move towards her and started a conversation about exams and her participation in annual function. Soon, Avni came, held my arm and asked Naisha, "can I borrow your guy?" She pulled me out without even waiting for her answer. As we moved forward she continued, "her face read that she was waiting for you to say bye", to which I replied, "its not like that, its just that leaving a person in middle of a conversation just to talk to another person is said to be rude. "

"Whatever", she replied and nodded. Adnaan was waiting for us with cola and sandwiches.

After a few minutes when we all were in deep conversation with food Adnaan said, "don't turn back." This was a very foolish set of words you chose, a round of applause for you, obviously I was gonna turn after you asked me not to do so. After I turned back, I saw Sanika walking towards canteen along with her friends but beforeI saw that, I noticed that someone has took a bite off my sandwich. I turned back but before I could say anything someone jumped on my shoulder and burst out in happiness, "Garv!" and I knew that someone could only be Sanika. She pulled out my cheeks and asked about my exam. First of all, I hate when somebody does anything like that, hitting me, pulling my hair or touching my cheeks, I hate these. Still, I replied, "mine went well but I am worried about Avni's", to which I received a quick reply from Sanika, "asking me the same would have been polite but I know what's going inside your heart and answering to that, I'll score around sixty." Like seriously? You knew what's going inside my heart, if that were so, you should have left minutes ago. Adnaan poped in, "you should really get your hands on the sandwiches Sanika, only few are left." Thanks a ton brother! Sanika went away after pulling my cheeks again after which Avni said, "true love, I tell you Adnaan."

I shook my head and took a glance at my watch and it was 11:35. Our exam finished at 11 and teacher called us to assemble in auditorium at 11:30. After that, I drank the left cola from Avni's glass and affirmed, "thank me later, we are five minutes late!"
And we all rushed to the school auditorium!