Chapter 16: Love's Dead

"Get off me you asshole" Rian said.

"Break it off come on" Gerald said trying to get Alex away from Rian.

"STOP!" Natalie yelled and I stood there frozen looking at the ring on the floor.

Everyone looked at her as she approached the ring. She kneeled right next to it and took it with her index and her thumb.

"Oh shit" Rian said and Natalie stood up bringing the ring up to her face.

She opened her mouth but no words came out. We all looked at her expecting some sort of reaction.

"Is that the fucking ring?" Hannah said and we all looked at Nat.

"It was the barrels!" Felix said and Natalie slowly turned her head and shot a death glare at him. "Or.. maybe not nice meeting you all lovely people goodbye" he said and stood in his place.

"Why did you say goodbye and didn't leave?" Hannah whispered to Felix.

"Oh because it's probably everyone's funeral" Felix said.

"Oh, Riiigghhht" Hannah half whispered.

"Since Hannah's not shitting her pants and even making jokes about it, I'm guessing this is as much of a surprise to her as it is to me" she said and looked at the remaining four of us.

"Why was this in your jacket?" Natalie said looking at me.

"I..."

"I did it" Gerald said

Natalie stopped and looked at Gerald.

"I did it" he said nodding.

"Oh... yeah it all makes sense now" Natalie said sarcastically laughing.

"Yeah I hate you and I don't want you getting married to my best friend" Nat said pointing at Gerald

"Yeah, and since you slept with him you decided to side with him on this didn't you great friend? " she said

"What?" Alex said

"You just throw yourself at every single guy who even looks your way" Natalie yelled looking at me.  "You fucking slut" she said and paused "I don't want to see you or you again" she yelled pointing at Gerald and me.

"Oh my god" Alex said bringing his hands up to his head.

"I don't want to see you at my wedding I don't want to know anything about you, EVER" she said shoving my keys on my chest.

"Here's your fucking car keys" she said turning around and leaving.

"Nat" Nat said and walked outside.

My head couldn't wrap around what had just happened. I stood there with everything in my hands looking at the floor.

"You... fucked.. my sister" Alex said looking at Gerald and then he punched him in the face.

Gerald stood there and brought his hand up to his face dabbing his finger on the blood in his cheek.

"I will end you" he said.