"What are doing here?" I asked in a calm tone, perfectly aware that everybody has stopped talking and were looking at me. 

"I... I came to ask about my food" She stammered. 

"Oh... Why don't you eat with us?" 

"Me...?” she asked in an astonished tone, staring at me unbelievingly. 

"Yes... Why not?" 

"How can I eat with you all?"  

"Why? What's the problem?" 

Stefan whispered in my ear "She is a slave darling, she has to eat with other slaves after we finish our dinner" 

"No she is not. I called her my friend and she will feed with us" I said stubbornly.  

"Jennet dear... These are rules of Xainsia" Tamara said who was sitting across me. 

"Okay then... If she can't eat with us then I will eat her" I said and got up from my chair. 

Everybody was looking open mouthed at me as if I was committing a serious crime.  

"What are you doing sit down right now" Stefan said through clutched jaws. 

I know this was making him angry but I also knew he can't afford to lose his temper in front of so many people. 

So I planned to stand my ground and said "No I won't. Where I come from keeping a slave is a crime and I won't let anybody treat my friend as a slave" 

"Victoria is not your friend" 

"She is and from today onwards she would eat with me. Come on Victoria..." I said and caught her hand to walk out of the room but suddenly stopped in my tracks hearing Julius's loud voice "Stop! Come back here Jennet" 

I turned to face him and said "I am sorry sir I don't mean any disrespect to your rules but I will not eat here alone while my friend has to eat with other slaves" 

"Don't worry dear your friend can eat with us if she can be free from slavery" 

"Then please free her. I beg you" I pleaded. 

"I would have if I can but as king of Xainsia only Darien has the right to free a slave from slavery" he said looking at Stefan. 

Stefan looked troubled and stared at me furiously. 

"What are you thinking son? You also don't like slavery... We all remember how you fought to get your friend Rozer free. Jennet is just like you this way" Shamayal said looking at Stefan. 

Immediately his expression changed and he smiled crookedly and said "Alright darling... If you really want this then fine. I Darien, the king of Xainsia free Victoria from slavery. She will be treated as a free woman from today onwards" 

I was shocked to see him give in so easily, Victoria fell on my feet but I caught her shoulders and asked "What are doing Victoria? Now you are not slave anymore you don't have to lower yourself in front of anyone" 

"Thank you so much lady Jennet... I... I don't know how I will ever thank you enough" she was crying. 

"By accepting me as your friend" I said and she nodded immediately and said "I promise you would never find a better friend then me, I would give my life for you. But I have a request..." 

"And what is that?" 

"You must let me continue to work for you" 

"Victoria you are my friend now and you are not a slave anymore" 

"I know but I have nowhere to go and being free now I have to leave the castle. Without work what would I do where would I go?" 

"Hmmm... Okay then if Darien allows it I don't have any problem... What you say darling?" I asked sweetly and Stefan nodded and said "Come now eat your food" 

I walked with Victoria toward the dining table proudly.

********************************************************

Darien stood in the balcony looking at the town and thinking about Jennet.  

It has been two days and Reeba was unable to get the appointment with that lady who might know a way to get back to Xainsia.  

Now he started to wonder if he made the right choice to come with Reeba.  

Although he would never regret meeting little Tanya, she was a copy of her mother. Intelligent, Smart, Fearless and very talkative. He thought with a smile and right at that moment Tanya came running through the house calling his name "Darien... Darien where are you?" 

"I am here princess" he hollered from the balcony. Knowing that Jennet calls her princess he called her princess too. 

Tanya came through the balcony door and flew in his arms saying "Aunt Reeba says she got the appointment and now you can bring my mom back" 

"Oh... Thank you, thank you, thank you god..." he hugged her happily and she asked "Tell me you would bring my mom back" 

"I promise I would die trying" 

Suddenly Tanya looked in his eyes with her sad ones and asked "No... I don't want you to die. People who die never come back like my first mom and dad. I want you to come back with mom. I like you so much" 

Darien's heart melted with her sweet comment and he wiped her tears and said "Believe me I like you too. I promise I will try my best to come back" 

"Thanks. Now put me down I have go to park with friends" she said wiggling out of his arms and he sat her down and said "Can I come with you?" 

"No my friends will laugh at me" 

"I promise to stand far" 

"No...”

 "Okay okay go... But be careful and don't get in to trouble" Darien said sitting on one knee to get to her eye level. 

"Jeez.... You talk like mom" 

"That is because I love you like your mom princess and we doesn't want you to get hurt. Tell me if anybody fights with you" 

"No... Your worst then mom" Tanya said scrunching her nose before running away. 

Darien stood up smiling as Reeba entered the balcony laughing "She is the feisty one" 

"Aye... Just like her mother" 

"Yes... But don't worry she will be safe." 

"I won't feel safe till I kill that Tiatan with my own hands. I need to be around Tanya, Tiatan might be lurking anywhere..." he said before walking away to follow Tanya.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Please let me know what you thing of new characters'... I am waiting for your votes and comments...:-))