Chapter 13: The one in my Dreams

「This is my last post of the year. And I changes the date so I can maybe fit the episodes.」

October 9th, 2014

That's when the screams registered in my ears. I sat up, fearing for the worst. And the worse is what I got.
There, on my bedroom floor was my twin, screaming and clutching her head in pain. I screamed as well and reached out to her, pulling myself off of the bed, but coming closer to her only made it worse. She screamed louder. I pulled myself in the farthest corner in the room, watching as my twin screamed in pain and it was somehow my fault. I tucked my wings around me to keep out the cold feeling seeping in. It didn't help. "N-Nozomi..." I whispered, silently screaming in my head. Then I remembered a song and for some reason, I began to sing it.
"There's no use in crying,
All my tears won't drown my pain,
Free me from your sorrow,
I can't grieve you again.

I watched you let yourself die,
Now it's too late to save you this time."
I silently made my way over to Nozomi, wanting to cry.
"You bury me alive,
And everybody's gotta breathe somehow,
Don't leave me to die,
Too consumed by your own emptiness and lies."
Luckily, it didn't make her react like earlier.
"All I did was love you,
Now I hate the nightmare you've become,
I can't let you fool me,
I won't need you again.

I watched you let yourself die,
Now it's too late to save you this time."
I heard BunnyBear join in.
"You bury me alive,
And everybody's gotta breathe somehow,
Don't leave me to die,
Too consumed by your own emptiness and lies.

You bury me alive,
And everybody's gotta breathe somehow,
Don't leave me to die,
Too consumed by your own emptiness and lies."
I took Nozomi's hand into my own, focusing on her pulse.
"Make me feel this love we used to hold,
All I see is black and cold,
As I try to pull you down to the ground, the ground."
She slowly stopped screaming, but tears were still streaming down her face.
"Everybody's gotta breathe somehow,
Don't leave me to die,
You're too consumed by all your emptiness inside.

You bury me alive,
And everybody's gotta breathe somehow,
Don't leave me to die,
Too consumed by your own emptiness and lies."
I took Nozomi's head and placed it in my lap.
"You bury me alive,
And everybody's gotta breathe somehow,
Don't leave me to die,
Too consumed by your own emptiness and lies."
I held her hand as a he stopped crying. "Nozomi... Wake up," I urged. I spread My wings around me, noticing the white feathers that appeared in the black. "Ekaw pu htiw on niap," (Wake up with no pain,) I whispered. Slowly, Nozomi's eyes opened. I felt that little twitch in my eye that it does when it changes color. I dunno why it does that.
"Hey twin," I said, forcing a smile. She looked at me, her eyes wide with shock. "No... No..." she said, more tears streaming down her face. "What??" I said, pulling her closer to me. "You took on the form of an angel of Darkness!" she spat at me, pulling away sharply.
Her voice wasn't at all like her own. It was older, more ancient sounding and cruel. This wasn't Nozomi. I sat up sharply. "Where is Nozomi?!" I yelled, bearing my teeth in a snarl.
I looked up to see if anyone else besides me had noticed, but they were all frozen. Literally. They seemed to be statues, the previous colors of their uniforms now seeming... dull. I turned my attention back on the person in my twin's body. "Where is she?!?!" I yelled again.
The one in Nozomi's body only smiled cruelly. "She was never here," said the person. "She was only a figment of your desires," she said, reaching for me. I couldn't pull away. She caressed my cheek with her cold hand it was like I was now a statue like the others. It was then I remembered.
"Help! Help me! She's going to hurt them!" This was that she. The she who took my sister away. The she that is going to be killed by me.
I screeched and swung a hook to her jaw, temporarily forgetting I had powers. Purple light danced on my fingers. It never touched her. I was being thrown across the room by an invisible force. I screamed as I hit a hard surface.
But then I realized it wasn't really a hard surface. Only a petrified Robin. The thought angered me greatly. "First," I said, standing up slowly, my head bent down.
"You take away my sister from me. Then, you take away what I now fight for," I looked up at her, my eyes blazing. "I will not let you do this to me anymore!" I screeched. I threw a ball of Dark energy at her, the purple crackling within the black. She smirked before the ball of energy hit her. "Soon enough, my child, we shall battle," She said, the ball of energy being nullified.
With a crackle of red light, she disappeared, taking the body of my twin with her. That was also when the team was unfrozen. I collapsed to the floor, my eyes blank. I felt my first angel form fade away, and I was left in a simple white dress. Nozomi...
KF ran over to me. "Satomi!" he yelled, wrapping me in his arms. Not long after, I noticed he was crying. I looked up and noticed the rest of the little league was also crying, minus Superboy, Aqualad and Artemis. They just looked as if someone had kicked their dog. "W-" my voice cracked. "Why are you crying?" I tried again. "Because Hope Heart is gone!" BunnyBear yelled, holding herself. I noticed streaks of black in her hair. "But still. You haven't even know her for a day," I said, confused. "We all bond in our own ways," Aqualad explained. "Oh," was all I said. I lowered my head again, mourning for the loss of my sister again. She isn't dead, I know it. But she's far away....

About half an hour later, the rest of my team left after I said that I needed some time to think. That was when I made my escape. I heard that there was an ocean very close. I wanna submerge myself in it. I put on my bathing suit, a black one piece, under a white shirt.
I made my way down the hall silently, hoping no one heard. I passed by the kitchen on the way there. There stood the team, having a mental conversation. I was too numb to feel curious so I just continued on my way. I entered the zeta tube after I entered the coordinates.
Just outside...
"Recognized, Despair Heart, B09" it announced my departure. I hoped the team was smart enough not to follow me. I made my way down to the beach in the dark one outside. I tossed off the white shirt into the sand, running into the water. Cold... So cold... I wish... I wish this is the way I could see Nozomi again.... Death.
Before I could consider drowning myself more, I brought myself up to the surface. That's when I saw the dark shape on the beach. I quickly got out of the water, hoping it was Nozomi, but I was disappointed. It was instead, a boy of about 17 wearing all black. He was handsome... In his hand, he held a rose.
Exactly like mine, I thought, reaching my hand up to the rose in my hair I had forgotten about. I felt the rose tingle with warmth the same time his glowed with a purple light. It was then, I knew. My Prince!

§The Rose Has Fallen§