friends with benefits?

-Sunday-

Emily's pov
I woke up around 10:00 to a cute text from Mario
mariooo😋- good morning beautiful💕
Emily💘- hi ?
I would have sent something cute back but I still don't really like him.  we aren't really close friends and maybe not even friends at all, but I forgave him. I didn't want to be in a fight with my neighbor, especially because my mom and his mom have a good friendship and I don't want to ruin it by me and Mario fighting. but this time I'm not gonna let him play me. I was thinking about it for a while and I'm going to try and ignore him as much as possible, so I don't start to like him.

Mario's pov
I woke up at 9:30. last night was amazing. I couldn't thank weston more! honestly if weston really wanted Emily he could have easily gotten her to fall for him, but instead he helped me try and win her friendship back. I like Emily, she's cool. I decided to text Emily. I sent her the cutest text. she responded by saying "hi?"... wtf. I kinda expected her to say something cute back but whatever tho.

Emily's pov
my family is going over Mario's house for dinner. last time his family came to my house. this time were going to his house. it feels like every Sunday we have dinner together. I get up and go down stairs to get something to eat. I decide on coco pebbles cereal. my mom walks into the kitchen. "hey mom"
"hi Emily I'm going to work, Barbra called in sick and I have to work for her."
"ok"
"I'll be home around 5:30, be ready at 6 because we are going to the selmans."
"ok I will"
I walked back up to my room. it was still kinda early. I played some music on my speaker but I turned the volume down. I heard knocking on my door. I got up and ran down stairs. I opened the door and saw mario standing outside. "mario... what's up?"
"we gotta talk" he grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. we walked up to my room. he sat on the end of my bed and I sat on the other end of the bed. "so what do you have to talk about"
"so... ummm my parents are getting a divorce" tears were beginning to form in his eyes. I didn't know what to say, usually people didn't come to me with their problems.
"Mario... I'm sorry" I walked over to where he was sitting and sat down next to him. I put my arms out and he did the same. I pulled him into a tight hug. he rested his head on my shoulder. the sleeve of my shirt was soaked in tears. I suggested that mario stayed at my house for a while to hang. I wanted to try and get his mind off of his parents divorce as much as possible.

Mario's pov
Emily asked me if I wanted to stay over for a little bit to chill. I decided to stay. she was actually being really nice to me. "do you wanna watch Netflix or something?" Emily asked.
"yea sure"
we decided on watching American horror story. we both sit on her bed.
"I'm gonna go get drinks and some snacks I'll be right back" Emily says.
"ok"
5 mins later Emily comes up with a bunch of food. she puts it down on the bed and runs out of the room. she comes back in with a blanket.

Emily's pov
I throw the blanket over Mario and then lie down next to him. almost every time a scary part comes on I jump and Mario laughs at me. we were watching season 1. one of the episodes were really sad. the one where violet found out she was dead. I began to tear up a bit. Mario looks over while laughing and says "awe emily don't cry"
I lean my head on his chest and laugh. we lie there and watch the rest of the episode. Mario gets a text and then says "hey I gotta go"
"okkkkk"
"thanks for letting me stay over" he leans over and pulls me toward him. his soft lips touch mine. after a couple of seconds he pulls away and walks out the door. before he shuts the door he whispers "bye Emily see ya at 6:00"