mall day with selman

Mario's pov
tomorrow's the first day of school. this summer has gone by way too fast. I'm going shopping today, probably by myself because usually me and weston went shopping the day before school started. since weston isn't here and I've basically been riding solo with barely  any friends since I moved I have to do most things by myself.

Emily's pov
today I want to go shopping for new clothes, because the first day of school is tomorrow. the only problem is that I have no one to go with. most of my friends are either still on vacation or have plans. I didn't really mind going by myself tho. I went down stairs to get something to eat. "hey mom"
"hey Emily"
"can you drop me off at the mall later around 1:00 I want to get new clothes for school tomorrow"
"umm yea sure"
"thanks"
"I was talking with Linda and she said Mario is planning on going shopping for clothes today too. you should invite him, he has no friends here yet and you aren't going with anyone so you should go ask him if he wants to come I'll drop you both off at 1:00"
"do i have to??"
"you don't have to but both Linda and I would really appreciate that you would go together so we don't have to keep driving back and forth.
"ok I'll ask"
I didn't really want Mario coming but my mom does have a point. I ate lucky charms for breakfast. then I went upstairs in my room to get ready. I wore *pic in the beginning of the chapter* I brushed through my curly hair and decided to leave it curly today. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and cleaned out my braces. i put on some mascara and put on light makeup. when I was ready I walked over to Mario's house and knocked on the door.

Mario's pov
*knock knock knock
I got up to see who was at the door. I opened the door and saw Emily. "emily... heyy, what's up"
"hey i was wondering if you wanna come to the mall with me to go back to school shopping"
"uh yea! what time do we leave"
"1:00"
"oh shit I have to get dressed u can come in" I ran up stairs and put on a blue shirt that said Cali on it. i wore my khaki shorts and my white nike elites with my black roshes. i got my 120 dollars I've been saving up from chores. I walked down stairs and said "ready"
"ok let's go!" she said.
we walked out of my house and over to her moms car.

Emily's pov
we sat in the car and we were discussing where we should go first. I was gonna help him pick out his outfit first. when we finally got there we hopped out of the car and walked into the mall. we went into Aeropostale. he picked out a blue and white button up plaid shirt. he went into the dressing room to try it on. I was waiting outside. he came out and said with a smirk "sooo how do I look"
"being honest u don't look that bad"
"i was thinking about wearing this with khaki shorts and blue nike elites with my white roshes or blue roshes"
"nice"
we paid for his shirt. we walked to pink to pick out my outfit. as we were walking Mario slipped his hand in mine. this time I didn't back away I let him hold my hand. when we walked into pink I walked over to the shirts and Mario helped me decided on a maroon and white shirt, I also picked out white shorts. I went to try them on and Mario stood by the dressing room. maybe I was wrong about Mario. he was cool and really nice! and I guess he isn't a fuck boy. I walk out the dressing room with the clothes on to show Mario. when I walked out he wasn't there. "Mario?" I said quietly. "mariooooooo" I said louder. I turned the corner and saw Mario kissing a girl with short blonde hair. "MARIO?!?"
He turned and saw me. he immediately pushed her off of him. I ran off back into the changing room. he chased after me. I slammed the door shut. by now I was crying. I can't believe I let him lead me on like that. "Emily?!"
I just sat there crying not responding to anything he said.

Mario's pov
I was trying to get Emily to get out of the changing room. it's been 15 mins. "Emily come out please!!" she didn't answer to anything i said. all I can hear is her crying. I feel like an asshole. after another 5 mins she opens the door and comes out. her face is covered in mascara dripping from her eyes. her eyes are bright red and her hair is a mess. "look Emily I'm sorry" I wrap my arms around her and pull her into a hug. at first she doesn't pull away but after a second she pulls away and goes to pay for the clothes she tried on. after wards she stormed out of the store.

Emily's pov
I never want to see Mario again! how could he lead me on like that then kiss another girl right in front of me. I really wish kelly was here right now. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and I bumped into someone and I fell hard on my back. "oh fuck are you ok?" he says reaching for my hand
"uh, yea... sorry" I say grabbing his hand and getting up.
"no it's fine! what's your name" he says smiling.
"Emily, what's your name?"
"mark" he looks at me and notices that I've been crying. "hey are you ok?" he says putting his hands on my cheek.
"yea I'm fine"
"what happened"
"well a new neighbor moved in nextdoor and he didn't have any friends here yet so my mom told me to ask him if he wanted to go back to school shopping with me. he pretended that he liked me. and he even held my hand. I was in the changing room and I came out and he was kissing another girl I was in the changing room for like 20 mins crying and then I paid for my clothes and ran out hoping he wouldn't chase after me, and he didn't but.... like how could he lead me on like that?" I began to tear up.
"awe em it's ok!" he wrapped me into a tight hug. mark was so sweet.
"hey can I get your number, and maybe we can hang sometime?"
"yea sure it's **********"
Mario comes running over and says "Emily I'm sorry!"
"wait what?? mario" mark says
"MARK?!" Mario says
"mark you know him?" I whisper
"yea! were friends on Younow and we broadcast together all the time"
"good to see ya mark!" Mario says excitedly
"yea you too man!"
"who ya here with" Mario asks
"Jacob, idk where he went tho, but I bumped into your friend Emily. be nice to her she's a sweet girl" he looks over to me and winks "see ya at school em I gotta go find Jacob, bye mariooo" he says walking off. "Emily I hope you know I'm sorry, if you let me explain I can make things better between us."
"ok... let's sit down and talk"
we sat down in front of build a bear so he could explain. "Emily, I know we just met but I already know your smart, funny, pretty and sweet. I wouldn't do a thing to hurt you. ever. what happened was a fan came up to me and asked to take a picture with me. she asked for the pic if she could get a kiss on the cheek. when I leaned in to kiss her on the cheek she turned the other way so it made it look like we were kissing."
i didn't believe everything he said. but I wasn't gonna act like a douche. so I forgave him. "I'm sorry I acted like a bitch I should have let you explain..."
"it's fine" he said as he put his arm around my waist and pulled out his phone to take a pic. moments later my mom texted me and said that she is here to pick us up. I told Mario and we walked out side. he didn't take his arm off of me instead he kept it around my waist.