Chapter 28

(Charlotte's POV)

I wasn't expecting special treatment. I wasn't expecting her to wait on me hand and feet. I just wanted her by my side support me. That's all I asked of her and she can't even do that. It's pissing me off, but Drake and my mother are trying to be mediators. It's hard though when your own sister won't even support you while you're in the hospital. I finally get to leave and she's not even here with me.

My parents eventually left through my hospital stay. They went back home to attend to a few things and a few weeks later, they came right back to help me leave this wretched place. Good old Stacey left without so much as a goodbye and she hasn't come back.

I can't express my distaste for her actions right now. I would have liked to think that she would grow the hell up and help me out here, but she's still the same old brat she was in high school. She's self-centered. The whole world just has to revolve around Stacey.

I sound like I'm overreacting, but I needed my sister by my side and she didn't support me in the slightest way. It just pisses me off beyond belief. "Honey, stop stressing over her," my mother says. "She'll come visit you soon, you know that."

"Like hell she will," I snap. I know it's not my mother's fault, but she's not helping with getting her back here. "She obviously doesn't care that I got fucking shot, but at this point, I could care less. She doesn't need to come visit me. She can stay her sorry ass home," I snap again. She's a complete bitch. Hell, even some officers came to see me earlier this morning.

"You don't mean that," Drake says softly.

"Shut the hell up. You don't know my fucking sister. She can stay her sorry ass home. I don't care if she comes or not. She doesn't fucking care about me." I can feel tears forming, but I blink them back, not willing to let them fall.

Drake just sighs, running a hand down his face. He's got bags under his eyes and he looks highly irritated. I stand and grab my bag, fully prepared to leave. Drake sulks after me and so do my parents. "I'm going the hell home," I mumble.

We all walk out of the hospital and I take a second and just stand there. I haven't seen the outside of the hospital in a week so it feels good to be here. I walk to Drake's car and try to open the driver's door. "What are you doing?" Drake asks.

"Driving," I say. I look up at Drake, an annoyed look on my face.

"No the hell you're not," Drake snaps.

"Why not?" I huff.

"Just get in the damn passenger side, Charlie!" Drake shouts.

I stare up at him, my mouth open slightly. I glare at him and round the car, getting into the passenger side. I throw my things in the back and pull the seatbelt over my chest. I can't help but sit there and pout, annoyed that he won't let me drive. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to, but I don't want to be treated like a child. I can hold my own.

When we finally get back to my apartment complex, I rush to the elevator. I unlock my door and walk inside. After throwing my things down, I sit on the couch and turn the television on. "Man it feels good to be home."

"Are you hungry? I can make you something," Drake says.

"No, I can get myself something," I say. I stand and walk into the kitchen.

"I don't mind," Drake says.

"Drake, look, I know you don't mind. I know that you don't mind taking care of me, but I do. You've been bending over backwards to take care of me for the past few weeks and I appreciate it, I do. I think you need some sleep, okay? Oh! After a nice hot bubble bath." He sighs and tries to protest, but I slap my hand over his mouth and shake my head.

I take his hand and drag him into the bathroom. I turn the water on hot and add bubbles. It's at least the kind that will make him smell like a man still. I laugh lightly and start stripping Drake's clothes. He just lets me and watches me intensely, a thoughtful look in his eyes. He's naked in front of me and leans down, kissing me gently.

"Thank you," he breathes. I direct him to the tub and he steps in, sinking low into the water.

"Don't fall asleep," I laugh. He smiles up at me and I walk out, shutting the door behind me.

I walk back into the kitchen and begin making dinner. I'm not sure Drake will be awake to eat it, but I'm hungry so it will at least be there for me. I put out some pasta and start to prepare some chicken. I plan to make chicken alfredo and I hope he'll like it. That's if he eats it.

I turn some music on my phone and dance lightly. I even hum along to the music when I start getting more into it. I look back when I hear Drake get out of the shower. He steps out with a towel around his waist and I look at all of the water beading off of his gorgeous body.

He shakes his hair out a little and begins to rummage through the drawers to find his clothes. He takes some out and begins to drop his towel. I rush to finish dinner and I walk to our bedroom. I walk behind Drake before his towel falls and hug him. My hands move across his chest and he sighs.

"I love you, Drake."

"I love you, too, Charlotte."

Drake turns slowly and his hands cup my face. He kisses me gently and I grin. "I made you dinner," I say. Drake laughs, smiling softly down at me.

"I'll eat, but then I really need to lie down," Drake sighs.

I nod. "I know baby, I know." I walk into the kitchen and let Drake continue to get ready. I make a plate for Drake and I and walk back into the bedroom. We sit down together on the bed under the covers. We eat in silence and I look over at Drake when he hums.

"This is so good," he sighs. I grin at him, glad that he likes it.

When we both finally finish, I take Drake's plate. I close the door after me and head towards the sink. After rinsing the dishes, I put them in the dishwasher and walk back to the bedroom.

I peek into the room and see Drake sprawled out on the bed, snoring lightly. I smile and shut the door quietly. I head towards the couch and after grabbing a blanket, I make myself comfortable and try to fall asleep.

-----

I hope you all had a great holiday and you all got what you wanted! Thank you for reading. (: