Chapter 25

(Charlie's POV)

"Get the hell out," I snap. I glare at everyone in my room. "I am tired as hell, you're all annoying, and I want you to leave."

"Charlotte," my mother tries.

"No, damn it! I want you all out!" I shout. I listen to the monitor's beeping pick up due to my heart rate.

I watch as everyone files out. Drake tries to leave, too, but I hold to his hand firmly. He sighs, rubbing circles on my hand. "I'm so tired of being here, Drake," I huff.

"Well there's still a few more weeks of this so you might as well get comfortable."

I sigh, running a hand down my face. "I'm going to go crazy," I groan.

"You'll be fine. You've got your whole family here," he says.

"That's part of why I might go insane." Drake laughs, watching me. I can't help but smile slightly. "We should get started on the planning."

"Planning for what?" Drake asks.

"The wedding, dumbass," I snap. I sigh. "Okay, that was mean. I'm sorry," I say.

"No, you're fine," Drake laughs. "Well, it's all you. Whatever you want, we'll do it."

"I don't want anything big, Drake. If you do, that's fine, but I'm okay with something small."

"Whatever you want, baby."

"We should probably tell our parents already..." I trail.

"Yeah, that'd probably be a good idea." He pauses. "Oh shit," Drake huffs.

"What?" I ask.

"I need to get you a ring!" Drake shouts.

I raise a brow at him, "You don't have to do that, not right now."

"Yes I do! If you don't mind of course if I leave, but I have to get you a ring."

"Go, Drake, gosh." I roll my eyes and watch as he rushes out of the room.

(Drake's POV)

I pull Charlotte's dad to the side and speak, my voice shaky, "Sir, I love your daughter. I love her with everything I've got. She's everything to me and I want to be there with her through the rest of her life. I know we've been through a lot and there's been a lot of rough patches, but she's the one I want to spend my entire life with, if you'll give me your blessing."

He stares at me for a second and I stand there nervous and shaky. "Yes, Drake, you have my blessing," her father laughs. I grin, thanking him.

I rush downstairs to my car and try to figure out where to go. I don't have a lot of money to spend, but God she is so worth it. I tap my fingers on the steering wheel. I finally end up deciding to go to Kay Jewelers. It's always advertised everywhere and they seem to have really nice rings. I have the ring from the first time I tried asking her, but I feel like this warrants something much more special.

Several hours later I finally have them. The engagement ring and the wedding ring. I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right. I take a deep breath, thank the man, and walk out.

I get back into my car and head towards the hospital again. I'm not going to do it today. Charlotte may not want anything big for her wedding so I could at least make me asking her really nice. I walk back towards her family and take a seat outside. There's a doctor inside examining Charlotte.

"Well, are you going to do it?" her mother asks. I laugh, shaking my head. "What? Why not?"

"Not today. I have to plan it out, you know?" I say. She nods, smiling softly. "I'm really nervous, though."

"You'll do fine, kid," her dad tells me. I thank him and sit down in a chair outside of Charlotte's room. I don't want to bother her. I try to wipe the sleep from my eyes, but fail to do so. I put my head in my hands, making sure the rings are secure.

I'm about to doze off and I'm fully prepared to when I hear Charlotte call my name. I stand and walk into the room. I'm about to take my seat when she speaks, "No, don't do that. I know you're tired and you're probably aching, so you should go home. Get some rest, alright?"

I contemplate this for a second. "Alright," I sigh. She smiles softly and watches me as I walk out.

I say goodbye to our families and head towards my car. I'm so happy when I get back to Charlotte's apartment. I walk towards the bedroom and sit on the edge of the bed. After taking my shoes off, I lie on the bed, allowing my body to move into sleep mode. As my body begins calming, I think of Charlotte. She clouds my thoughts everyday and I sure as hell don't mind.

I sigh in content and drift to sleep.

I don't wake up the next day until late afternoon. I take my time and shower, turning it to as hot as my body can stand. I wash away all of the tension of the past few days. When the water starts to get cold, I turn it hotter. Eventually I can't get it to go any further so I step out. I shake my hair out a little and run a towel over it. After slipping into my clothes, I eat something.

When I finally decide it's time to leave, I head towards the hospital. "Drake," Charlotte's mother greets me. She looks well rested and like her normal self again. She's in a nice outfit and is presenting herself very lovely.

"Good morning, Mrs. Vindelli," I greet her. I give her a small hug and walk back towards Charlotte's room. I look at her sleeping and I sit down in the chair beside her bed. I caress her hand gently, just watching her sleep. She's so gorgeous, I swear.

She stirs lightly and breathes heavily. She feels around and presses a button on a cord. A nurse walks in a few seconds later and Charlotte speaks, "Eight." The nurse nods and looks like she begins to administer medicine for Charlotte. "Hi," she whispers. Her head lulls to the side and she looks at me.

"Hey," I whisper back. The nurse smiles at me in greeting and I return the smile. "How are you feeling?" I ask her. That's such a stupid question.

"Like shit," she breathes. She takes in a heavy breath and closes her eyes. I wish I could help her. I wish I could make her pain stop. "It'll stop hurting. It just takes a few minutes," she breathes. We sit in silence for a while before she finally speaks. "When are you going to ask me," she huffs.

"Ask you what, babe?" I respond.

"To marry you. When are you going to ask me to marry you?"

"Well I can't just outright ask you," I laugh.

"Yeah you could. Like this, 'Hey, Charlotte, marry me.'"

I laugh, shaking my head. "Be patient, Charlie," I say.

She rolls her eyes and smiles. "Fine."

I laugh lightly and watch her, admiring her every feature. "I love you, Charlotte."

"I love you, too, Drake."

---

I'm so sorry this took so lonnnggg