Chapter Two

I pull up to the parking spot of the school. I park the car and unlock the doors so Holly and Amber could get out. They both get out of the car.

"The band and I are practicing tonight at Sammi's  house, so I won't need a drive after school but, Holly will," Amber informs me.

"Oh, okay," is all I manage to choke out. Again, with me being a complete idiot. I'm so happy, Holly and I will spend time together. I must act cool, though.

I push the button to make the roof of the car go back up, once it's fully up, I get out of the car. I have my purse hanging on my shoulder. I shut my car door, while locking it. Throwing my phone and keys in my purse, I begin walking towards the school's doors.

Holly and Amber are already in the school or too far ahead for me to see. I feel someone slap my butt. Which only means one thing, Nate is behind me. Why, out of all people, why does he have to be my boyfriend? Why did he have to be the most popular guy at school? He's so annoying and inappropriate! A solution would be to break up with him, if only I was allowed. Him and I are the cutest couple, meaning we have to date. We have to look perfect.

My mom always said 'fake it, until you make it.' I've lived by that since day one of elementary. Yeah, I've been the most popular girl, since fucking elementary. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of alcohol, only cause it puts a hold on my problems, but being the It Girl sucks.

At least, I'm not the Queen B, also known as Bethany. She's my Best Friend, also the Queen of the school. She and I have been best friends for as long as I can reminded. Her goal was to be popular, and it quickly became mine. She made it seem so glamorous, total lie.

"Hey, sexy," Nate says wrapping his hands around my waist. I always felt like he forgot my name, cause he always calls me sexy, baby, or my sweet.

"Hey boo," I say, faking my smile.
"Aw, there's my sweet's smile," he says.
If only he knew it was fake.
"I smile only for you."
Ha, nope, lies!
"I love you."
Yeah right.
"I love you, too."
But not really.

He walks with me to my first period, then to my second period, he ends up taking me to each of my classes like I'm some lost puppy that doesn't know where to go. At lunch, we sit together and he always has his sweaty arm around me.

But my favorite part of my "relationship" is that I know he's cheating on me, and he thinks he's slick. Him and Bethany are definitely banging. Nate had a pair of Bethany's underwear at his house, and Bethany has sexts that are all from him. I know, cause he calls me his sweet, but he also calls her it. Plus, they always stare at each other. Like they're in love or imagining each other naked.

But, I'm not mad. Honestly, I'm glad he doesn't love me. Knowing, I don't love him. I'm in love with Holly. Wait, did I just think that? Oh my god, I love Holly! I love her!

I take a deep breath. It's the end of the school day, Holly is coming. Maybe, I should pull up in front of the school, where the sophomores usually get out. Yeah, I'll do that so she won't have to walk. I get into my car and drive up to the school's door at the far end. There's a bunch of people crowding around...is there a fight going on? Oh my god! Where's Holly?