Thanksgiving and Old Pianos

Start from the beginning

We walked through the front door, as Nike ran off into the kitchen. I smiled at Kelley, as  she closed the door behind us. I dropped out bags, as she looked around the house.

"You realize we need to get Christmas decorations, don't you?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Yah, we'll get decorations." I said.

"Good. When's your next doctors appointment?" She asked me, as I walked into the kitchen.

"Um, Wednesday." I said, as I started cutting up some fruit.

"How much can you lift with your arm now?" She asked me.

"Maybe 20 pounds, why?' I asked, as she dropped some heavy bag in my hands.

"Because I'm gonna need your help carrying some heavy ass Christmas decorations." She said, kissing my cheek.

"Aren't you sweet." I said, grabbing her by her waist.

"Emily!" She yelled, as I started tickling her sides. "Em, stop!" She screamed. I kissed her cheeks and forehead, as I continued to tickle her. "Agh, you're a jackass!" She cried out, as I straddled her waist.

"But I'm a cute jackass." I said, as my hair curtained her face.

"No, you're a hot jackass. But that still doesn't mean you're not a jackass." She said, and I laughed. "You're beautiful." She whispered, as I stared into her chocolate brown eyes.

"So are you." I said, leaning down to kiss her. Her lips moved perfectly in sync with mine, as she trailed her fingers up my back.

"Hey." She whispered in my ear, breaking our kiss. "Where do you wanna do it for the first time in the new house?" She asked, as I laughed out.

"I don't care you perv." I said, standing up. She jumped up, wrapping her legs around my waist.

"Good." She mumbled, connecting her lips with mine. I slowly walked us out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I walked us into our new bedroom, setting her down in the bed.

"Guess the bed will do."

---

We had a practice today with Sky Blue, as I came to work on speed training. I set up a skate panel on the side of the field, and watched the team practice. Pulling the sock type skates over my feet, I stepped onto the panel. I began pushing myself side to side, stopping at the end to help my muscles contrast. As my muscles contrasted, they grew stronger, and therefor helped enhance my speed. It would take awhile for it to actually do anything, but I had awhile before I could play. So speed was my first priority.

Listening to my classics music, I watched Kelley practice. For Sky Blue, they used her more as a mid fielder. So she was practicing her agility, and also her speed. Smiling, I continued to skate.

The team then started to scrimmage, as I got of the skate panel. My legs were shaky, as I went and sat down. Pulling off the socks, I watched as my legs continued to shake. I was going to need an ice bath tonight. Standing up, I went and got a soccer ball. I began to juggle, as I continued to listened to my music. Before I knew it, a tapping came on my shoulder. I balanced the ball in my foot, and looked up to see Kelley. She was sweaty, and her face was red. I pulled out my earbuds, and smiled at her.

"Hey." I said, as I dropped the ball.

"Hey, we're done. Are you ready to go?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Yah, um do we have ice at home?" I asked, draping my good arm around her shoulder.

"Need an ice bath too?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Yes, desperately." I mumbled, as she laughed.

"Yah, we've got ice." She said, as we headed to change. Once the two of us changed, we headed home.

Once we got home, we immediately headed upstairs. I started the water in the tub, as Kelley got the ice. Nike came running into the bathroom, sitting down on the rug. Kelley came in, dumping the ice into the tub. Once it was full, I turned the water off. I got in first, clenching my teeth. Kelley grabbed her phone, and then got in with me.

"Cold." She said, and I laughed.

"Yah, cold." I mumbled, picking up Nike. I held her against my chest, as Kelley pulled out her phone to take a picture. I stuck my tongue out, as Nike stuck her nose against my cheek. Kelley took the picture, and then did something with it. After she was done, she showed me her Instagram. It was the picture of me and Nike, and the captain said.

"Ice baths with the new puppy."

I smiled, as she chattered her teeth. Rubbing my head against Nikes, she barked out. I laughed, and set her back down on the rug. Looking back at Kelley, I smiled. She smiled back, and quickly kissed me. The two of us continued to ice bath, and talk. We just talked about simple things, and the time seemed to fly bye. We were soon done with our ice bath, and heading down for dinner. I put on some Stanford sweatpants, and a tank top. Running downstairs, I saw Kelley cooking something. I walked up beside her, and helped her cook.

This is what I wanted in life, the simple things. Just cooking dinner, or watching tv. Adopting a puppy and going to family holidays. I was living a good life with the girl of my dreams. I now understand that I lost my parents, and yah it sucked. But I'm moving on, and I'm happier. Kelley O'Hara made me happier, she made me happy.

And I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this girl, I just hoped she wanted the same thing.

I caught her looking at me, smiling and biting her lip. She just gave me small glances, but they said a thousand words.

Yah, I had a feeling she wanted the same thing that I did.

-Um can I just say I love hearing Fifth Harmony sing this song! And Lauren rocking that one part, ahhhhhhh! She's my favorite out of the group. Let me know what you guys think of them singing the Beatles.