Chapter 14

(Jess' POV)

I stared at the fallen angel before me, his messy blonde hair and piercing gaze meeting mine. His gaze was so mystical feeling, by mystical feeling I meant like smelling the cool air on a summer's day. Or smelling fresh cut grass. By this time I was sure he wasn't here to just have a staring contest, no he was here to take me away to his castle and make me his queen. The fallen angel and the dark angel. Together forever. Forever, that word lingered in my mind just like the tiny voice that tells you 'yes' or 'no' for certain situations. His gaze moved over my body then flickered back up to meet my gaze. 'Great, he's judging me like a show horse.' I thought to myself rolling my eyes and crossed my arms taking a step away from him. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" He asked in a smooth tone, holding his hand out as if to say 'come on don't be shy'. I shook my head once again closing my eyes, wishing this were a dream. Only if. I couldn't though. Dean needed help, but I couldn't exactly look him in the eye and say 'no I can't go because my friend is laying there dying in the impala'.

"No, n-no a cat doesn't have my tongue. I'm just...I'm just..." I stammered trying to find something witty to say, but my mind came up blank. 'Oh Gabriel where the hell are you?' I cursed mentally at the arch-angel wishing the idiot would've kept track of my movements instead of being off flirting with the moose. Lucifer merely smirked, his lips almost resembling the joker's as he chuckled, taking another small step towards me he grabbed my arm and pulled me against his chest, his hand rubbing my back then slowly moved down to my hips. A small noise left my lips and I closed my eyes, "I-I'm...I'm..."I pressed my hands against his chest giving him a small encouraging push to go away, he didn't budge. Within seconds there was a loud cock of a gun and it firing; Lucifer stumbled backwards away from me, a large bullet wound in his shoulder. His gaze went from soft and mischievous to I'm-going-to-gut-whoever-did-that. He held his bleeding shoulder letting out a small curse falling to his knees, a flicker of white appeared for a second behind him. It took me a minute to realize they must've been his wings. Right? They had to be. Dean chuckled cockily--followed by a small sound of pain--he was leaned up against the back of the impala, shot gun in hand. At first I thought maybe this wasn't Dean, that maybe it was Gabriel disguised as the Winchester. But then again Gabriel wouldn't make cocky remarks about his own brother and call him a dick. Even if Lucifer was a dick he wouldn't call him that because he was still family.

"You son of a bitch stay away from her," Dean snapped at Lucifer, his emerald gaze filled with flames of hatred and pain. Small gasps leaving his plump lips as he dragged himself over to me and pushed me behind him. I had no idea how in the hell he was thinking that he was going to protect me with the wounds he had but there was no use in fighting him. Fighting with him was like talking to a brick wall. "Listen here, you dick, you are not taking Jess or Sam away from me. Your dick of a brother Gabriel is going to be here any second to make sure she is safe, make sure she's away from you. Man with little red horns." Dean scoffed turning to me with a soft smile on his lips, but it soon faded as Lucifer soon began to chuckle.

"Now don't you think I know that Dean? Me of all people? Gabriel can't come to your rescue, because he can't reach you. Once little Jess here was touched by an angel, by me little old me, I put a little spell type thing on her. My own special little gift. From me your king, to you my queen." He pointed over to me, licking his lips. I clenched my jaw turning around taking a deep breath to try to calm myself down, only long enough so I wouldn't loose my shit. A deep burning feeling was surging throughout my body; like my body was on fire from he inside out. I touched my stomach then my face, and finally it hit me. A pain struck me like none other, a deep fire like pain and like needles going into everywhere on my body at once. "It worked. He's trying to reach you. You can feel it, or well your soul can. He may be able to feel it too." He flicked his wrist sending Dean flying into the air and into the ditch, taking the breath right out of him. "The power in you Jess. It's so magnificent. You can use it for so much. I can teach you. Let me teach you."

I shook my head brushing the offer off and held a hand up, "If you don't stop hurting him I swear to your father I will burn you." I hissed through my teeth, the threat didn't seem to have much affect since he just smirked and took another step. Over the last few days Gabriel had taught me a few tricks, including some angel ones. The demon ones were much harder to figure out and sometimes mixed with the angel powers which didn't result in something too good. I closed my fist, the Arch-Angel fell to the ground holding his head for a brief moment of time. My hand shook as I tried to keep focus, blood trickling from my nose. Dean yelling. Wait...Dean yelling? I turned my attention back to the Winchester, he waved his hand pointing back to Lucifer. I looked back at Lucifer; his hand wrapped around my neck cutting off what air supply I had, I moved my hand wrapping around his wrist. The smell of burning flesh filled the air and Lucifer's expression slowly harden as he tried to show no pain. It grew harder to do as my grip tightened. Then suddenly he let go disappearing in the sound of wings.

The last thing I heard was: "Two sides to a coin, you can't survive without me, my queen".

I hurried over to Dean rushing to help him to his feet and over to the wrecked impala, "My baby.." He pouted under his breath his head hung low like a child who was told no by their mother. "My poor baby.."

"We have another problem Dean, bigger than your baby problem. My phone is broken and no one can locate us. Plus your leg is broken."

"Aren't you part angel? Can't you just heal me?" He asked all of a sudden.

"Ummm...Gabriel hasn't taught me how to heal someone. I've been trying but I haven't been successful."

"Damn it...better start walking.." He pushed off the back of the impala grabbing a few things and began limping away, sighing I hurried after him.

"Dean your leg is broken you can't just..." I clamped my mouth shut deciding against arguing and just walked.