Bartending & New Friends

I know this chapter has a lot of spelling mistakes. Please forgive me for leaving them in. I'll edit them out later. 

_________________________________________________________

  MARISSA

I had my duffel bag slung over my shoulder as I walked down the more downtown area of the Vegas Strip. I had already visited three bars already who had 'Help Wanted' signs posted in their front windows, but each bar had given me the words "We'll call you." which was basically the shaft in curtousy form.

I stopped in front of another place and looked up at the sign. 'BURLESQUIA' was written in huge, beautiful neon lights.

I walked into the club and found it was split up into two main parts. The larger part was a dance club where girls dressed in burlesque danced in cages and on a giant stage. There was also a DJ booth, a VIP section, a row of booths on one wall, and a long bar against the other. The smaller part of the club was more of a burlesque lounge. There was a smaller stage in one corner of the room, a smaller bar, about twelve stools connected to the bar, a bunch of lounge chairs and coffee tables scattered around the room, and girls dressed in burlesque outfits walking around serving drinks.

I walked into the lobby of the club and straight up to a guy standing behind a podium. He was wearing a lot of black, a lot of eyeliner, black nail polish, and a black top hat.

He looked up at me and said, "My dear, you are far too early to go clubbing and far too underdressed to enter."

"Actually, I'm here for the bartending job." I replied.

"You mean the bartending audition." he corrected me.

I decided to play stupid and not know about the auditioning. The last few places I let them know I knew about the auditioning and they didn't go very well. Here I would try a different tactic and if it didn't work I could try again somewhere else.

I raised an eyebrow, "Bartending audition?" I questioned.

He nodded, "Yes. Come with me." He lead me into the lounge and to one of the armchairs in the corner of the room and he gestured for me to sit down.

I sat in the chair and looked up at him. "You stay here and I'll get the owner." he said, "In the meantime, I'd try to remember how to make ten unique drinks."

My eyes widened, "T-Ten?" I stuttered. I knew about the auditions and all, but the last few places asked for me to make them three drinks. Not ten.

"Yes. Hence an audition. We're not going to hand this job to just anybody... Now if you'll excuse me." he said before he flashed a quick half smile and walked away.

I wracked my brain to see if I could think of ten different drink recipes. While I was thinking I glanced up to see two girls on the stage practicing a new dance routine to a slow song and a few other waiter girls trying to get a sexy walk down to go along with the beat of the song.