Chapter 15

"Auntie... How is she?" He asked her. "I'm sorry buddy. Her phone is disconnected. I promise I'll go find her for you." She said. He gripped the necklace tighter. "Hurry. Mommy means everything to us." He said. "Then I need you to do something for me." She said. He shook his head. "No. I'm coming to save mommy too." He said. She shook her head. "No. We're gonna get you ready for bed then I'll try to call her again. Just please work with me." She said. He nodded. "Okay auntie. I will." He said walking away sadly. She sighed.

"What did you do?!" Luke asked staring at the lifeless girl. "Oh relax. She's not dead. I could never hurt her. Intentionally." He said. "Are you sure?! You practically killed her!" He said going over to check on her. Ross growled just as he was about to check for a pulse. "She's fine!" He roared. Just then she gasped for air and coughed. He smirked and pinned her down again. "Will you cooperate?" He asked her. "Go to hell." She gasped. "I guess your going to have to make me a new one then." He smirked. She shook violently trying to escape.

"Ross let her go!" Luke said. "Stay out of this and get out!" He said harshly. Luke normally would be fine with this but not today. He pulled him away from her and she curled up into a ball. "She has my son!" He shouted. "And trying to force it out of her will not get you far." He snapped. Ross glared at him. "Your right. Now get the hell out! This is between me and her!!" He said shoving him right out and slamming the door shut. She turned over and covered her ears taking a deep breath.

She closed her eyes allowing herself to doze off. He sighed and laid down next to her. He could tell he started to make her uncomfortable so he moved over towards the edge. The shaking stopped and it was just her. She was no longer trying to get air back into her lungs and her chest was no longer rising and falling. He panicked and turned her over. She was holding her breath but slowly almost ready to fall asleep. He sighed of relief when let go of the breath she was holding. "I'm sorry." He mumbled to himself.

"Fool." She said sitting up slowly. He stared at her and she didn't care about anything he could possibly throw at her. She was ready. She knew Jason was safe and she would die happy knowing that. "Your going to make this easier." He said. She smirked and felt around on her neck. Going over the choke marks he imprinted on her skin. She got up and stretched. He looked at her a bit confused. "If I give up that easily, then I'm not Laura Marano. I don't crack that easily. Give me your best shot." She taunted him. She had him where she wanted him.

He was confused on her sudden rush of energy. She looked about ready to pass out. She wanted to prove she wasn't that kind of person. Especially the Laura he remembers. She wanted to show him who's boss. And her sudden serge of power kinda threw him off course. She laughed and got up. He got up too. "What are you doing?" He asked. She didn't answer. She pulled out her phone and called her sister. He rubbed his head confused. She walked away and locked herself in the bathroom. She looked around for an escape.

He leaned his ear against the door trying to hear. She was too quiet for him though. "V. Please. We can do this." She begged. "No. I can't have you with that maniac any longer. I want you home! Now! And your son needs you too!" She said angrily. "V. I'm doing this for him." She said looking at herself in the mirror. Her neck was red and his hand print still visible. "Come home. Now."she said sternly. "I love you. Tell him I love him. I'll be home as soon as possible." She said holding back.

"No. I don't like this plan. Your gonna get yourself killed. He just wants to see his kid. Just give him that and leave and never look back. I can't have you put yourself out to that pychopath! Come home! Even if it means risking his saftey. Remember if you die protecting him, he'll blame himself. And I know you don't want that!" Vanessa yelled at her younger sister. "I can do this." She said. "Mommy?" Jason called out to her. "Jason. What are you doing up this late?" She asked. "I just miss you. Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Perfect even." She said. "No your not. Mommy come home. Please." He said. "I love you buddy. I'll be home as soon as possible." She said rubbing her eyes. "Are you crying?" He asked now worried. "No. I just miss you. I promise." She reassured him. "I love you mommy." He said. "I love you too. Now give the phone to auntie." She said. "Good night." He said. "Night." She swallowed the lump in her throat ready to be yelled at her sister. "I know. I know. But just give me a day. Just another day." She pleaded.

"A day? This is not my sister. I want you home well. If your not home in the next 24 hours, I'm coming to you!" And with that she hung up. She sighed and picked took out the sim card from her phone. She washed off her face and then got back to the room. 'Do this for him. Do this for him.' She reminded herself. "Took you long enough." He said. "I need to leave." She said grabbing her bag. "Not without me." He said. "Actually I need to get the hell away from you." She said. "Go ahead."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WELL THAT HAPPENED! Comment and Vote!!!!!
~Ash