Chapter 3

"Have a good day!"She said walking out of the diner after closing. Everyone waved making their way to their vehicles. They were like family. They always made sure each of them left before the other one did. "Zee? You good?" She called out to her fellow coworker. She nodded and got in her vehicle. She got in hers also and waved her off telling her she was okay and ready to leave. She smiled and drove off. She turned on her car and started to pull out of the parking lot before driving off into the night. She didn't get far though.

"Get out of my way Ross!" She shouted out of her window. "Just take a few minutes to talk to me." He said. "Why?! I got to get home." She said. "Why if your going to find no one there?" He asked. Her heart started to speed up. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Get out of the car and find out." He said. She didn't trust him in the slightest. Her gut told her to stay and she did. "Don't you want to see your little boy?" He smirked. "I swear to god if you touch him!" She said.

"You'll do what? Get out of the car." He ordered. "I need to get home now get out of my way or I'll run you over!" She threatened. "Oh Laura. You and I both know you wouldn't do that. Either get out of the car and talk to me and see your little boy or go home to an empty house." He said. She turned her ignition off. Even though she knew deep down it was all a set up, what choice did she have. This was someone she once trusted and she promised herself to never go there again.