6

"C-c-cake?" I asked confused, talk about a conversation spinning 180 degrees. 

Sterling barely looked fazed as he leaned back in his bar stool clasping his hands over his lap, "Yeah like a chocolate one, oooh, how about a chocolate one that oozes out more chocolate when you open it?"  

"Why do you want a cake?" I asked. 

"Why do you ask so many questions?" He asked me back. 

I narrowed my eyes at him, well at least so I know why I was making a cake. Wait, no, I wasn't making a cake, "Just go buy one." not to mention how long it would take, and how long it has been since I baked.

"Whoa," Sterling sat forward his eyebrows shooting up with a small smile, "Did you just tell me to spend money?"

I frowned lifting up my toast to take a bite, I wasn't hungry, but it kept my mouthful so I didn't have to reply, and with that look he does he just sends my blood boiling from 1 to 100 fast. I just wanted to slap that look of his face. But no, he did sort of help me in the past twenty odd hours. 

Okay well...

The loud knock on the door finally broke his scrutinising stare, "Who is it?" I asked. 

Sterling got out of his bar stool, "I thought you were smart, you know, one usually needs to open the door before you know who it is."

I rolled my eyes as he disappeared into the corridor as I turned back to finishing this toast. I wasn't even hungry, but now that it was on my plate I had to finish it. I shouldn't waste food, and I also should eat something.

I also should get back to work, try to recover those stupid files, but my head killed.

There was loud chatter and a lot of excitement from the front door and I didn't have to go and look to know he probably had friends over. Again. That would explain the suit. As the laughter and chatter got closer I groaned, great, now I had to say hi to his friends.

Or maybe I'll just sit here staring at my half overcooked toast. Why didn't I bring my phone down with me? 

Because it was stolen.

Oh man, adding contacts all over again was such a pain, please tell me I saved them to sim. The founds of footsteps got even closer and I looked up as a group of people entered the kitchen laughing, that laughter soon died as they met my eyes.

I remembered one of the guys, short, loud, wait, wasn't he the one yelling last night, "Oh hey she's still alive." why did he sound sad about that?

I blinked, yep, he was the guy from last night. Of course I was alive toad face. 

Sterling left his group of three walking further into the kitchen and I looked over my shoulder, what was he doing, he disappeared into the pantry shelf. 

"You're not as ugly as he said," I looked over to the person who said that, a small feminine girl in an incredibly tight red dress looking like she just walked off the page of a magazine. In fact they all were dressed to the high tens, I wonder where they were all going.

None of my business.

"Yeah you're actually not bad, minus the bandage," the remaining guy in the group of three muttered leaning on the counter winking at me, "I thought you were going to be this fat troll."

How nice.

"I'm glad I live up to your expectations because not looking like a troll and pleasing men is what every female aspires to aim for."