Someday At Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Good morning, baby, Merry Christmas. D'you have a good sleep?" Louis cooed as he kissed the boy's forehead.

"Merry Christmas, what's with the candles?" Zayn asks, avoiding the question about his sleep.

"Power's out cause of the snowstorm," Harry says as he grabs the boy by the waist and pulls him back towards himself. "Now how'd you sleep?" The man pushes, not liking the fact that Zayn was trying to avoid that again.

In return, though, Zayn kinda just puts his head in the crook of Harry's neck and whines a bit because he hates talking about his nightmares/sleeping problems when he's in front of Niall and Liam. Harry nods to himself a bit and kisses the boy's temple before telling him they'll talk about it later.

"Alright, well, it's present time now! And look, Zaynie, I think Santa stopped by. He ate all the cookies and carrots," Louis said in a coo like voice that had Zayn looking at the man as if he were crazy.

"Just go with it," Harry whispers into his ear, and Zayn nods as he gets up from the man's lap only to have Louis grab ahold of his hand.

"C'mon let's follow the footprints," Louis said as he grabbed Niall's hand as well and gestured for Liam to follow.

The four followed the flour made footprints that were left around the house as Harry filmed and took photos of the lot of them. Prior to arriving at where the gifts are the footsteps make a pitstop at the laundry room where inside were three sets of pajamas, all labeled with a name.

"Dad, seriously?" Liam asks with a raised brow as he lifted the set with his name on it.

Liam's weren't too bad, they were simply flannel bottoms with a Santa Claus shirt. Niall's were a bit more childish, red loose bottoms with snowmen on them and a one tshirt with Frosty on it. But then they got to Zayn's and Liam genuinely felt bad for the boy because this time Louis went too far.

"Oh, um, thank you," Zayn said while rubbing his neck as he held up the Elf on a Shelf resembled pajama set.

"Dad you didn't."

"Dad you can't," Niall and Liam both say at the same time as they see Zayn looking at them as if they were from another planet.

"They're cute and you're all going to wear them for the photos," Louis said as he pulled out a pair for both him and Harry as well.

Once everyone was dressed and ready in their pajamas, Louis continued to force the boys onto the flour footprint path before they finally arrived in the room where all the presents were sorted out into colors. Liam's were red, Niall green, and Zayn silver while Harry and Louis had miscellaneous christmas themed wrapping papers.

Louis as well as Harry immediately began to snap a few photos of the boys before allowing them to begin opening their gifts which Liam and Niall all but jumped at. The two older ones were quick to start with the smaller gifts, always appreciating to save the bigger ones for last cause those typically had the best presents in them. However, as the two adults stood watching their sons open gifts, they quickly noticed Zayn's presents had been left untouched.

"Zee, go open your presents, babe," Harry encouraged but Zayn just continued to stare at the large pile in awe.

Harry was about to walk over to the boy to show him it was alright to take the gifts when Zayn turned around and began to hug both Louis and Harry as tears streamed from his face. The boy was practically bawling as he mumbled out incoherent words, but eventually the older lads were able to make out the words thank you.

"Shh, baby, it's okay. You deserve all of this and more, and we just want you to have the best Christmas out there," Louis cooed as he took a break from recording the lot to console his now youngest son.