Someday At Christmas

Zayn: 14 years old

Niall: 16 years old

Liam: 18 years old

"Dad he's fourteen, I don't think-" Liam starts only to get cut off.

"This is his first Christmas and I'm going to make it one to remember," Louis states with a somewhat glare before turning back towards the tree to lay out another present.

Let me catch you up a bit. At the moment it is currently 5:30 AM Christmas morning and Louis has brought it upon himself to catch Zayn up on thirteen missed Christmases in one day. He decided that the whole Christmas tradition that had died down in the household many years ago was to brought back once again just to bring a smile upon the raven haired boy.

Louis had already eaten the cookies as well as glass of milk, had Liam eat the carrots for the reindeers, and finally the only thing left to do was arrange all the presents. Harry, Niall, and Liam were watching on in amusement as the blue eyed man jumped around the room as silent but efficient as he could in order to leave a trail of footprints towards the fireplace.

"So is this how it was when me and Liam still believed in Santa?" Niall asks Harry and the man can only nod with a laugh.

"Pretty much, sometimes there was a bit of hitting cause I would start moving the presents," Harry said.

"Don't you dare think about moving this stuff!" Louis was quick to exclaim before pulling out a pad of paper. "Okay so when Zayn wakes up we'll do presents and hot coco. Then we're gonna go down to the little Christmas park down the street to take a picture with Santa, and from there we're having a brunch at the house with all the family and friends. And I was thinking we can host the snowman building contest again or even do the snowball fight we used to do. And maybe even-"

"Louis breathe!" Harry said with a laugh. "Everything is gonna be fine, but let's let it just happen. We've never been one for plans, remember?"

"Yeah and I don't think Zayn's gonna want a photo with Santa. It's a bit weird, dad," Niall threw in.

"All of you can stop being grinches and just let me live! This is going to be the best Christmas ever."

+

"This is the worst Christmas ever," Liam whines.

"The power will be back on any minute," Louis says as he continues to light candles around the house.

"How is anyone gonna get here? The streets have too much snow, there's no way anyone can drive here," Niall pointed out.
"No one's canceled yet, so all you can do is think-" And then Louis was cut off by his as well as Harry's phone ringing.

The two men excuse themselves to answer the calls, and Niall and Liam can practically see the hope on their father's face drop. A few I understand's and it's fine's were exchanged before Louis as well as Harry hung up the phones and turned to one another.

"My mum and Gemma can't get down here. There's too much snow," Harry said with a frown.

"Same with my mum and sisters. The highway is shut down for precautions," Louis said as he sat back down on the couch and groaned into his hands in frustration. "Why does everything always have to turn to shit for him?"

"To who?" A sleepy Zayn asks as he enters the family room while rubbing the sleep from one eye all while dressed only in a pair of boxers and one of Liam's big t-shirts.

Upon seeing the boy enter the room Louis immediately perked himself up and stood up from his seat before striding over to the boy to give him a hug.