Chapter Thirty

Everything after finding Zayn seemed to happen so fast. Louis ran back to the car while still carrying the boy, only for Harry to immediately drive off to the hospital once he entered the driver's seat. As the three pulled up to the all too familiar building, Louis was quick to rush Zayn in where they immediately spot Lou along with a few other police officers.

"Oh thank god, you guys found him," Lou says in a relieved voice. A team of doctors and officers are quick to approach the three to try and get to work as fast as possible.

"No, no, no! Stop! Louis make them stop! Help me, pl- please help me!" Zayn shouts as he clings to Louis as if he's his only source of oxygen.

"Zayn, relax. Calm down, baby, calm down. Everything's gonna be fine from here on out, you're gonna be okay," Louis coos as he tries to lay the boy down on the gurney but Zayn just begins to cry and extend his arms out to the man much like a toddler would do. "I'm gonna be right beside you the whole time, Zee. You have to let the doctors help you, I promise I won't let anyone ever hurt you again."

After much coaxing from both Harry and Louis, Zayn allowed the doctors to roll him off to an examination room along with Louis while Harry stayed behind to talk with Lou and the officers.

With Louis, the man was still trying to get Zayn to stop crying as the doctors began to remove the infected stitches from his face as well as cut off the shirt that is sticking to the dried blood on his back. As Louis sees Zayn laying on the table, now only in his boxers, he couldn't help but feel like crying as well because after everything they went through, everything they did to make Zayn feel safe and protected, here the boy was covered in blood, cuts, bruises, and soon to be stitches.

As the doctors were finally able to remove the shirt completely, they were met by a gory sight of deep slits across the boy's back as well as the word faggot carved into his stomach which only made Louis want to cry more because he knows this is going to be a hard situation to mentally heal.

"Alright, Zayn, we have to disinfect these cuts you have, so it's going to sting quite a bit. Would you like Louis to sit with you?" Dr. Collins offers the boy sympathetically who in return vigorously nods his head. With that being said, Louis is quick on his feet to sit up on the examination table with Zayn sideway in his lap.

The doctors slowly began to disinfect each soon to be scar across Zayn's figure while the boy held back whimpers of pain. After a few minutes of trying to be tough, however, Zayn's demeanor finally seemed to crack as he turned his head into Louis' chest and let out a pained sob.
"Shh, baby, it's okay. I know it hurts, but it'll feel better soon I promise," Louis cooed as he slightly turned Zayn's face back towards the doctors.

Soon enough the doctor's finished disinfecting the cut on his face and were only left to finish the ones on his back which, though painful, weren't as bad as the one on his face. It took another twenty minutes to finish with the disinfectant, needing to stop a couple times because the pain level began to build up too much for Zayn's comfort. Once they finished, Dr. Collins was obligated to take examination pictures of all of Zayn's injuries for police reports which the boy complied to with little struggle.

"We need to let the disinfectant dry out a bit before reapply the stitches properly this time," Dr. Collins said. "Would you like me to send Harry in now? He should be done with the police."

"If you could, please," Louis said as he lightly bounced Zayn up and down on his knee. Dr. Collins left the room only for Harry, Liam, and Niall to enter a minute later.

"Zayn! Oh my god, are you o- wait never mind, no! Oh god, please never leave us again. I won't let you leave us again," Niall cried as he went to hug Zayn before Louis quickly stopped him from doing that, saying it'll only hurt Zayn due to the open wounds.