Listen For The Silent Calls

Zayn: 12 years old

(Only Zayn is in this prompt)

Everyone knows getting a group of year eight to stay quiet is hard, however, people tend to forget that the minute an assembly is mentioned all hopes are quietness is a nearly impossible feat. Everyone sits next to their friend. Everyone makes fun of the speaker. And basically it's an overall shit show. And Zayn's teacher knew that the minute she saw the special schedule designed for the day.

She had known for a couple of weeks that this day was approaching, and though she knew the students would find it stupid it was a mandatory assembly to hold. Plus, she was hoping to open the eyes of one student in particular possibly.

"Alright everyone settle down please!" Mrs. Casey says to the class as she stands in front of her desk. "I want everyone in their seat now unless you all want extra writing exerts to take home tonight."

And with that the class immediately settled down as they jumped into their desks.

"Today we have an assembly," Mrs. Casey starts only to get cut off.

"What kind of assembly?" A student from the back of the room shouts.

"If you would have let me finished I would have told you," the teacher says with a raised brow. "Now as I was saying we have an assembly today that will be discussing internet safety, sexting, and child abuse."

Once the teacher finished she wasn't even surprised to hear a few giggles as well as groans of protest from the students, but after years of getting the response she's grown used to it.

"None of that. I expect to hear nothing but perfect comments on how you all behaved at the assembly by the other teachers, but if that isn't enough I will still be at the assembly with you all and if I see anyone acting up you will be forced to sit with me. Is that clear?"

To which the class replied with an in sync Yes Mrs. Casey. The class was able to stay in their room for another fifteen or so minutes before they were being called down to the canteen along with the other year eight classes and year nine classes.

Upon entering the campaign, a young, still shy Zayn made his way through clusters of people until he was approaching his two friends - Ant and Danny - to which the boys were quick to grab some seats next to each other. They made sure to not be too close to the front - because then they were prone to be asked questions- or too close to the back - because then they were prone to be caught talking by teachers.

So slowly everyone began to pile into the canteen until the room was booming with loud voices...well that is until Headmaster Higgins made his way up to the front of the students.

"Good morning students. Now I know this is not the first thing everyone cares to hear in the morning, however, it is a school protocol to keep you all informed on these cases," the headmaster speaks. "Now expect all of you to treat our guest with respect, and without further ado I introduce you to Detective Olivia Elias."

As Headmaster Higgins walks aside from the podium a woman in her early forties approaches the stand, giving the students as well as Paul a warm smile.

"Hi Mom!" Zayn hears someone shout out from towards the front of the room which causes a ripple of laughter to follow.

"Hi Tucker," the woman replies with a roll of the eyes as she then straightens herself out a bit before looking towards the students again. "Good morning, and thank you Headmaster for the warm welcome. Now as you can see from the sign behind me I am here for topics ranging from internet safety to child/domestic abuse. Can anyone tell me things that may relate to these topics and have a likelihood of being mentioned?"