13.

(30+ reads and 4+ comments for update!)

"Hello?" I answer my phone with rapid breaths.

The other line was silent as if the other person was dead.

"Um, hello?" More silence, I hang up not wanting to listen to silence for hours on a phone.

I'm sitting where I slept last night, my legs crossing and my skin at the edge with goose bumps. Before, I was informing my mom on what happened but then got a sudden call. In a rush, I answered it without looking at the caller.

Hospital staff and policemen worked around me as I sat there, paralyzed, refusing not to move an inch. What could have possibly happened to Austin? Was something personal happening in his life? What if he was dead...

No, he can't be dead he has to be alive, somewhere. My phone rings again, this time I check the caller to see it was my mom.

"Mom?" I cry into the phone I'm scared out of my mind

"Shhh...it's going to be alright." she calms me.

"Please don't talk about something you don't know." I sob into my phone, picking up my bag and walking out the door.

Niall was there, staring at me apologetic. I stare back at him, debating whether I should go in for a hug or walk away. A hug was something I need right now too. His arms open; however, I run into them, balling my eyes out. His hand runs through my hair and rocks me side-to-side.

I feel his lips kiss my forehead he's getting desperate. He wants the whole world to know what happened in the closet. I look at him, pulling away from the hug. My eyes flare with anger, I feel like he was trying to set me up for heartache.

"Don't play with my life." I spat, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm not doing anything." he begs.

"You've done everything." I shake my head in rejection, noticing people were starting to stare.

My arm brushes past him as I run to the stairs, something I spotted on my sneaking. Kicking open the door, I sprint down the steps, knowing he was following me.

"Francesca, please don't!" I hear him yell a flight above.

Our footsteps echo up and down the stairs. Yells could easily be heard in and out. I hop down a few steps and run faster, away and alone is all I wanted. To be away and alone is all I needed.

"Just listen to me!" he yells down at me, a flight above.

"Fine. But stay where you're at." I grimace at the sudden shooting pain in my ankle and knee. I've always had these injuries, sometimes they don't show up and sometimes they do.

"Are you on your period?"

"What?" I roll my eyes

"You heard me." I could hear him come down the steps.

I stayed where I stood not going down, I knew he wasn't going to hurt me.

"One day Francesca, one day you will realize the cold hard truth."

"What do you mean? I'm not on my period!" I snicker, covering my mouth trying hard not to laugh.

"Are you sure? You seem to have some serious mood swings." he smirks, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I undo his sleek move, "I'm still dating Austin and the kiss-"

"Was magical." he sticks out his tongue

"Was nothing." I say on verge of cracking up.

We both stare at each other for a split second before laughing louder than hyenas.