10.

I thank Melanie as I run into my house. I enter the pass code and the door unlocks. As the door opens, I hear the crash and banging of pans.

"Hello?" My voice strains as it does when I am in panic.

More pans clash together, ringing in my ears.

"Hello?" I squeak once again.

The wood creeks as footsteps walk out from the kitchen for me to see a figure-

"Mom!" I shriek running to her open arms like a little girl.

"I'm glad its you. I thought someone was robbing me." I smile and pull away from her.

"Lets hope that never happens. The real question is how has it been going? How have you been holding up?" She folds her arms and leans to the right.

This one meaning she is serious and waiting for true answer.

"I've been trying hard. There was a bit of an interference." I start to walk up the stairs.

"Interference?" she questions, raising the eyebrow.

"I'll text you later. I need to take a shower and get to the hospital." I point back to the shower and turn back to run up the steps to avoid further conversation.

I run into my room and pull an already packed suitcase. It was for whenever I needed to escape. But in this phase, it was to reunite. The suitcase contained 5 days of clothes and undergarments. In this case, I only needed 3 days because I can't live in that hospital; or can I? No, I really can't no one could ever live in their caves forever.

My mind stresses out with a bratty fight. I grab a towel and head into the bathroom, automatically jumping into the shower. After a good rinse I dry myself and pull on a gray tank, black sweats, and uggs. I already felt the exhaustion drag on me like a stormy cloud as I drove back to the hospital.

As I walk in, I check with the lady up front that I'm allowed to stay over.

"Absolutely. If you need anything, look for a nurse." she says, handing me a specialized visitors pass.

I carry my duffel bag into the elevator and press the 'level 2' button. As I wait for the doors to close, someone else rushes in here.

"Fran?" I hear a familiar voice.

"Oh...it's you." I snap

"An incident doesn't keep me away from you." he winks.

"Actually, it does. See that? That's a brick wall separating me from you." I mime the wall.

"Oops, too bad. I broke through." he smirks, thrusting a fist just past my face.

"Oh no you didn't. You just broke your arm." this time I smirk as I snatch his arm and almost break it.

"No no! Okay I'll leave you alone!" he winces.

Even though I hate him so much, I wouldn't harm him like this. Deep, really deep center-of-the-earth-deep I wouldn't. It should be more painful than this.

"Whatever." I mutter.

The elevator dings and I pick up my heavy duffel bag.

"Wait a second-why are you here?" I ask quickly before he turns to walk down the hall.

"Max kind of...err...never mind." he chickens, scattering off the other way.

Ugh gosh, I can't stand Nathan. I thought he would be on tour by now. Hold on, I think their first concert is here. Ew who wants to watch The (un) Wanted? I don't appreciate those boys bashing on 1D like that.

I roll my eyes and waddle to the room with my duffel bag in between my legs, pulling me down. When I enter, I see him lying there just like before. The only thing changed was that it was now night.

The moon shone through the windows and gave a glow over Austin. His smile was gone as well as his dazzling eyes. A mini couch sat below the windows. I slip my uggs off and put my pillow on one end then pull out my blanket as well as my phone. Everything had a peaceful aura, not much noise at all.

I look out to the stars, trying an old habit of mine to count them all. After what seems like 100 stars, my phone buzzes.

"You meant to tell me something" my mom wrote.

"I did?" I send

"About an interference?" she recalls

"Oh yeah. Could I just tell you that tomorrow? I'm too tired right now."

"Okay then, but no excuses tomorrow. Love you xx"

"Byeee x"

I lock my phone and drop it into the bag.

"Well g'night Austin." I say aloud and probably to myself.

Bzzz...bzzz

"Ugh shut up!" I mutter, snatching my phone and looking at why my phone is buzzing.

"Do you remember me at all?" I read a text from Niall.

"Well of course I do, we met at the party where my boyfriend went into a coma." I reply with dry humor.

"No we've met before. Several, several times."

"Really? Um, how?"

"At the parking lot, when I took out a strawberry lollipop?"

"Yeah I thought you were fucking crazy. I wasn't in the mood for a cheer-up lolly."

"I wasn't going to give it to you! Unless you wanted it but I doubted you did."

"Uh-huh you sit on the throne of lies."

"Never mind me sitting on my throne of lies, we have met before! I remembered when I saw you at the party!"

"Creeper."

"Seriously, can't you look deep in your memories and find the time you cheered up a blonde boy at a park? Or when you saw me in the hallway at school then later at the bathroom?"

"No."

"Really Fran, really? Middle school, MIDDLE SCHOOL, 8th grade!"

"Maybe.... hold on."

My mind was scratching through all those rusty layers from 8th grade. A boy in the bathroom.... a boy in the bathroom. How could I possibly forget, wait... that was Niall? I sit up to run to my room to look at my yearbooks then realizing I was still in the hospital.

Just when I need home, it's not there.

Thanks for reading! Remember to vote, fan, and comment! :)

-evelyn