Chapter 9: Face the Music

Start from the beginning

A somewhat deep voice laughed and it crackled over the line. “ Yo, Tomas, I’m Leon. We didn’t formally meet at the Medal office, but you were the closest person I could get a hold of so come here quickly. I’m at the East Wharf and I think I found them!” Before the last words were said Tomas flicked the device closed and ran up the wharf and to the east. 

He arrived quickly and Leon was there dressed in neon green clothes and dark blue jeans and waving to him in a friendly way. He was sitting nonchalantly on a bench holding up a Casteliacone. Tomas walked over to him and he immediately pulled him down and began speaking in a hushed voice. “ That’s the ship there, dude.” He said pointing a dark skinned finger at a big dark ship across the dock. I saw it coming in, but when I got here it had already opened up and I’m not sure if people had already gotten out. It looks like the kinda boat Team Plasma would travel in.”

“ If you’re right then we’ve gotta contact Lenora or someone.” Tomas said quietly.

Leon eyed him. “ Yo not serious, man. They took you’re Pokemon! We can’t jus’ wait! We have ta get on there somehow” 

Tomas looked at him considering his options. I’ve got one Pokemon, Leon might not have any, and we have no backup but..... Riley would go. “ Alright.” He said, determined. “ Let’s go.”

---------------------------------

“ Where are you taking us?” Sophie asked politely. Celebi only chirped in reply. “ Oh.” She said as if understanding. “ Ok.”

Finally, they came upon civilization. People bustled through cobblestone streets in brightly colored clothes holding baskets, chatting, and stopping at stalls with exotic foods. Celebi guided Sophie and Riley under the giant rock archways and through alleys. Even the few people in the alleyways turned to stare at the oddly dressed girls and the green Pokemon. The fairy Pokemon led them up polished steps to an ivory temple.

The inside was expansive and both the girls had to stopped to take in their surroundings. Celebi urged them forward, but they continued to look around.  Letters were etched into some of the stone. Numerous paintings lined the walls and ceilings, detailing the people’s beliefs and in one of them there was a green Pokemon. “ Is that you?” Riley asked, but Celebi pulled them forward. 

They came to the largest room of all in which there was only a series of steps leading up to a small platform. On it was a tiny flute, about the size of Riley’s hand and made of strong wood. Celebi flew up to it and removed it from its place. The Pokemon then dropped it in Riley’s hands and the trainer looked up. “ What am I suppose to do with this?” She asked and the fairy Pokemon grasped her fingers and closed her hands.

“ Keep it safe.” Sophie replied. “ From Team Plasma... That flute has the ability to control Pokemon.” 

The trainer’s eyes widened and she glanced down at the flute. “ But this is bad! No one should be able to do that!”

“ I think that’s why Celebi is giving it to you, because she knows you won’t use it and will be able to keep it safe from Team Plasma.” The breeder declared unusually seriously. “ That must be what Team Plasma is coming back for! They thought the painting was insignificant, but only after they had left it they realized not only Celebi, but also this flute was in it!”

Celebi nodded and Riley agreed it seemed pretty likely, but then the fairy Pokemon darted through the air and grabbed the instrument from Riley’s hands and put it to its lips. Three notes rang out all around the temple and suddenly the call of the Pidgeots stopped and Celebi froze. The girls gasped and Riley took the instrument from Celebi’s hands. She played the three notes and the Pokemon unfroze and Celebi shot up and twirled overhead, happily tittering.