My Imaginary Boyfriend *Oblivious

"Daniel," I say.

"What, Annalise?" he asks, brushing his stylishly messy hair away from his eyes.

"Don't you have a question for the day?" I ask curiously.

We're in the park, sitting on the swing, side by side. Everyday we meet after the last class and go to different places, just talking.

I decide it to be like this: A lot of days have passed since the last time I imagined him because I want our relationship to be long already. So that he can already be my imaginary boyfriend.

I know it's too early for that, but it's my imagination. I can do whatever I want. A few weeks already had passed since the first day I saw him.

In real life, it's just the day after playing volleyball.

"Of course, I have," he says.

We already know the basic things about each other. Nothing too personal though. Just favorites: music, movie, food, and other things. I think it's time to really know each other.

Okay, time to continue my daydream.

"What's your question?" I ask, tilting my head to the side, making my hair obscures my eyes from the view.

Daniel leans towards me and pushes the hair out of my eyes. My heart thuds in my chest as his breath tickles my cheeks. Our faces are just a few inches away from each other. Just a twist of our heads, and then I'll have my first kiss.

Of course it's just my imagination, but still, a kiss is still a kiss.

I'll make my first kiss memorable and I'll do it with him in the right place and at the right time. I'm such a hopeless romantic. When will I have a real boyfriend if I continue to be like this? If only I can make Daniel real.

"What happens next on your story?" he asks.

"That's your question?" I ask incredulously.

"Yup," he says.

I sigh and give him my notebook.

He grins, showing all his white teeth. He's so irresistible! "One time," he reads, "A guy asks the girl out— Wait, why don't they have a name?"

I shrug. "I don't know what to name them."

"Do you mind if I suggest?"

"Of course not," I say while swinging back and forth. "What do you want?"

He pretends to think and then says, "Let's call the girl - girly, and the guy - guy."

"Funny," I say wryly.

"And then the new guy – new guy," he continues.

"Really funny," I mutter.

"I think the girl can be Alyson," he says seriously.

"What?" I exclaim.

He wants to call the girl Alyson?! Where did that come from? I am—

No, I mean, I was Alyson!

"Don't you like it?" he asks, looking at me hesitantly.

I regain my composure and force myself to smile. I end up grimacing instead. "Alyson's okay," I say.

"It's not," he realizes, studying my face carefully.

"I said its fine," I repeat, even though it's not.