Chapter 16 : Sub-Unit

KYUNGMI'S POV

Sehun, Chanyeol, Suho oppa, Baekhyun and I were called to attend a meeting/press conference after the scandal of Chanyeol was posted online. Actually, the K members were supossed to attend but Kyungsoo and Kai were busy with thier own schedules, and here I am taking thier spot.

Suho oppa and I entered the room together with Sehun and Baekhyun. Chanyeol had already been called earlier than us. When we went in, there were alot of flashes from cameras. Reporters were holding big cameras and some were busily typing on thier laptops.

"Hello EXO members, please come in." Youngmin said while smiling. His smile does'nt look welcoming at all. I took a glance at Sooman samchon who has a.. I can't tell... He has a mixture of sadness and disappoinment. Sooman samchon noticed me looking at him and he gave me a sad smile. I "faked" a smile and forced my butt to sit on the chair.

"We are gathered here to announce if the rumours are... true.." Sooman samchon said with a hint of sadness. I just blinked at the reporters who also looked shock. I narrowed my eyes to Baekhyun and Sehun who has a serious face. This is the first time I've seen them being serious.. well, except for practice.

"The article that was in the internet was real. Chanyeol was dating the girl for 5 months. They decided to keep low as it collided with the news that Kyungmi was added to the group. I hope the fans will support this couple in the future." Youngmin said happily and I smiled "fakely". Now he is using me as an excuse? What an ass he is. 5 months? Wow. Why not 9 months? That will be great, perfect for a woman to be pregnant.

I was the first one to leave the room because first, I was really angry. Second, I felt like crying and thirdly, I was not suppose to be here. "Hey, noona. You okay?" Sehun stood beside me while looking down at the fans who are shouting Chanyeol's name.

"I'm... okay..." I whispered and Sehun snickered. "Yeah right. By looking just at your face expression, I don't think you look fine at all." Sehun stated and I just keep quiet. "Baekhyun hyung told me that Chanyeol hyung confessed to you." Sehun said and I widen my eyes while tears were starting to form. "Yeah.." His words were just lies after all.

The words were just to make me feel better so that I can get back to my work. It's all for work after all. I wipe my tears away and smile at Sehun. "Forget it. Let's see what happen." I said and Sehun just smile sadly at me.

•••

All of us, including Chanyeol, were all back at SM's practice room. Baekhyun, Sehun and I were unexpectedly very quiet because usually, the three of us always bicker around each other.

After the press conference, the article all come out in a instant. There were alot of negative comments, bashing  both of them. Some of the comments were blamed on me for joining EXO. I could only swallowed the hate comments down to my head.

"There will be a new sub-unit group." Chae Unnie said and everyone was antisipating for it. "The producers and I really think hard to choose the right members for this sub-unit. The theme for this sub-unit is sexy and a mixture of romantic dancing." Chae Unnie  explained and everyone was antisipating her to annouce the members.

"The members that will be in this sub-unit are...drumroll please Chanyeol.." Chae unnie happily said and Chanyeol what Chae unnie said.

"They are... KAI AND IVY!" Chae unnie yelled happily and I sat there, surprised. The rest of the members were smiling happily especially Kai. "Lets be comfortable, noona!" Kai cheered happily and I laugh at him.

"Alright, Kim Kai."

•••

And so, Chae unnie taught me the dance step for me and Kai. It was really frustrating and fun because of Kai. I got to admit, Kai was really graceful and sexy too.

"Okay.. We will continue tomorrow. Good work guys! Also I look forward for Kai and Ivy. Fighting!" Chae unnie said and leaves. Everyone collapsed except for me and Kai.

"Noona, do you want to.. continue?" Kai shyly asked and I smile at him. "Sure."

As we were dancing together, Kai grabbed my waist and pull me closer. "Hey noona, please only look at me and have me in your mind." Kai whispered and my cheeks blushed. This guy is such a tease. "Yah! Concentrate!" I said and hit his chest. Kai laughs at me.

The other members were watching us while giggling here and there. "You guys should date..." Chen wiggled his eyebrows. "Would you want to date me, noona?" Kai asked flirtly, and I was taken aback from his question. His tone maybe flirty but he has a serious gaze on me. "Yeah, sure. If you like me." I whispered and Kai widen his eyes.

"Chincha?!?" Kai said while his face was approaching mine. "Yah! Yah! I need personal space.." I said while walking backwards. Kai keep walking towards me and block at a corner. Kai had a smug on his face. "Kai, stop disturbing her.." Chanyeol said and Kai frown.

"Why do you care?" Kai turned and stared at Chanyeol. I eyed at Sehun who was shaking his head lightly. The atmosphere was really uncomfortable. "Yah! Speak formally to your hyung!" Chanyeol frowned and Kai smirk. "Why do I need to respect hyung who does'nt even respect his own members feelings?" Kai said and everyone widened thier eyes.

Is he talking about me? "W-What are you talking about, Jongin?" Chanyeol stuttered and Kai snorted. "Do you think we are stupid? Everyone knows about that scandal. I don't even know who to believe. Even our fans don't believe you!" Kai yelled and I gulp.

"Kai, that's enough." I said while putting my hand on his shoulder. "No, noona! He has to hear me out. I know you had feelings for Chanyeol in the first place." Kai said and I frowned. "Kai, its not Kyungmi who has feelings for Chanyeol." Baekhyun stated and Kai looks at him, confused. "Then what?" Kai said.

"It's Chanyeol hyung who has feelings for Kyungmi noona." Sehun said and everyone was in silence.