Miss. Trying

Don't forget to vote and Comment

This chapter is not edited, please kindly point out any mistakes I made. Read at your own risk.

A vision of ecstasy, blinding me into a state of pure bliss.  When he held me, I felt alive; I felt my body cave in to his touch. Even though it was just a dream, his touch felt so real, like he was here with me right now. I couldn't help but miss him even more. My head subconsciously turned to the picture by my bedside. A picture of Jesse and I; My hand wrapped around his shoulder, as I cling to his back. He looked happy.  Hell, I looked happy.  It was one of those workout morning routine the both of us gotten accustomed to. I sigh, and decided that I needed to clear my head. All this thinking is driving me insane.

I grabbed a coat by my door, and slowly walked out to the porch without waking Nick up. Nick had decided to stay on night, before he leaves tomorrow. We ended up going to bed around 9; I guess all the confession had drained all our energies.

With my coat and slippers keeping me warm, for some reason, I still felt cold. The empty hollow part of my heart felt numb to all the pain I've been inflicting on myself. I've become used to it, but you just can't help and felt the emptiness inside.

I walked closer to the beach, breathing in the midnight air, as the beach's wave crashed the shore systematically. I stopped few inches where the water can't get me, and observe the blissful night.

Tonight Jesse was supposed to call, it's his routine, but I didn't receive any today. That's how I know he's all right, even though I never really pick up my phone. I would let it go straight to voicemail, and listen to his voice over and over. But I was slightly worried today, because he usually would leave me a message, I didn't show it because of Nick. He shouldn't have to worry over my problem.

I cant deny that I need Jesse, he was the first man that would ever go through all those troubles, so that I would go on a date with him. And just thinking of our trip to Bali, got me blushing and all. To be quite honest, I'm not sure If I can love any other man than him.

"Hey."

I turned around, to find Nick with a cup of what smells like tea, in his hand. I suppressed a smile, as he handed me the gratifying smell Jasmine Tea that hit my nostril instantly.

"Thanks," I said, lifting the cup into my lips.

He smiled sweetly, "I hope you don't mind. I woke up from the open front door; I thought it was a burglar. Instincts remember? When I saw you here, I decided to bring you tea. I hope I'm not interrupting your midnight thought?"

"You talk a lot, when you are nervous."

"Do I?" an amused smile formed across his face, making him a lot more beautiful. Not as beautifully flawed as Jesse though.

"It fine," I shrugged, then returned my vision back towards the hurtle waves.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know Nick. I like to think, but sometimes I just wish I was living a normal, boring life."

"But where's the fun in that? That's life, it will give you happiness, but before you could react suddenly you are spitted out, leaving you in bitterness. "

I turned to look at him, but he was busy looking at the far distance, his tea untouched. I didn't know if he was talking about my rejection or not, but I quickly dismiss it before I felt more guilty than I already am.

"I will be returning back home tomorrow," He said slowly, "somebody got to watch the city right"

I chuckled lightly, and leaned on his shoulder.