Miss. Brave

"Who's this?"

"It's Jesse," his voice sounds hurt, but I quickly ignore it because I do not have time to care, "There are police everywhere around your building, please tell me you are not home."

"I'm home-"

-There is a long pause, and a lot of distant shouting, "tell me what's going on?"

"My dad is making a lock down in the building. I can't talk right now."

"I'm coming for you-"

"No you aren't! The police are doing their job and Nick is with me, he's a police."

"But-"

"Jesse stop, just don't."

I didn't wait for his answer and directly close the phone before he could argue back. The outcome of today is pretty blurry right now, not getting the chance to hear his goodbye set me on edge. I may hate the Man, but tiny part inside my heart will always have a spot for him.
just on the right moment the lights turn off, and I figure that my dad must have cut off the electricity. I look out the window with Nick and try to figure out if we can jump out. It's not a tall building, but it still is higher than a three story building. Thalia's choice of top floor makes me want to kill her in situation like this. And even if we try to jump nick can't guarantee that we will end up breathing down there.

The distant shouting and gun fire seems to be closer and I prepare myself for the worse. Getting a grip of my gun, I hold it firmly in my hand. I have one and only determination, that's to finish my dad. He ruin my life all these years and I'm going to end his. I don't play fair ? Well life doesn't play fair. I'm sticking with my plan no matter what.

Nick grab me and pull me behind him as he told me to follow him toward the living room. We stay 2 meters away from the door, that seems to shake like an earthquake. Maybe it's just my imagination.

He hoisted his gun out, as we walk behind a wall that barely covers the two of us.
"Amelia," he whisper.

"Yeah?"

"Get under the kitchen counter."

My eyes widen, "what? And let you fight here alone ?."

"Yes, you'll do that. I have experience and you don't, please just do what I say."

I huff in annoyance, but comply to his order. After all he's the 'experience' one. I duck under the kitchen counter and hug my legs tightly as I try to listen carefully at what's happening.

Suddenly, the sound of a breaking door could be heard from the kitchen. I close my eyes and repeat the mantra " I'm a strong girl " , until the sound of loud gun shot could be heard and I snap out of my mini panic attack. I try to hold in the tears that's about to spill and hold in until Nick called me, "Amelia we got to run, let's go."

I dash out of the kitchen, to find Nick unharmed, and 4 men lying dead or maybe unconscious. My eyes widen as the tears I've been holding finally spill, trying to keep my sound to a minimal.

"Amelia we can do this," Nick remind me as he crouch down his body to level out heights. He look me in the eyes and reassure me with a warm smile.

He grab a hold of my hand, then start to walk quietly outside of the apartment. We take the emergency stairs, Nick make sites to enter before I did and we finally reach the 5th floor in an hour. Loud noises, judging around 5 men, are shouting at each other as they panic about the police surrounding them.

Nick turn to me, cover his lips with his index finger as he motion me to keep quite. He stalk down the floor and began to shoot. I cover my mouth as I hold in the scream that's threatening to come out. The rooms seems to get hotter as I hear rumbling voices, shouts, and pain.

The worst nightmare came when I hear Nick scream in pain. I contemplate whether to help or stay like he order me too. But then again he only ask me to keep quite not stay put. As Nick continue to groan, I pull out my gun from my boots and hold it in with two hands as I defend down the floor.

A man is pinning Nick down while trying to choke him. Adrenaline rush through me and I point the gun towards my target. "Release him or I swear I'll kill you." Theirs evident of fear in my voice.

The man grin from ear to ear and release his grip from nick's red neck. "You must be what we're looking for." He said, still pinning Nick who's breathing really hard.

"Yeah, sadly you won't get to bring her to your boss." Nick strangled him as he flip the man over and stand in position where he's on top of him. "Amelia throw me the gun," Nick order. I did and he used the handle to hit the man hard in his head. In few hits, he is out and Nick toss me my gun back. He take couple of useful gun from the man lying around and motion me to follow him once again. Three more floors.

X number of hours

X number of casualties

X number of survivor

X number of bullets

It's all x to me and I don't know if I'm coming out alive or not.

----------------

A/N:

Since you guys are the best bitch out there, I'm updating twice in a week, where I usually don't. The next update will take a long time if the requirements are not achieve. Because I have pre-college to go to and if I don't have motivation, I'll just focus on my college works. Which I love !!

I need 20 comments and 30 votes before the next update and trust me there will be some heart breaking scene in the chp. You want to see those !!

This chapter is dedicated to @JaquelineMaloney !! Jesse and Amelia all the way girl !

Don't forget to vote if you hate it ❤️

WethinkhateAA