Chapter 3

Mia's POV

As soon as I got in the house I ran into Fiona and who I assume is Matt. "Oh hey where have you been I've been looking everywhere for you? Anyways Mia this is Matt." I smile and say "hey". He smiles back and says "so you're one of the three best friends Fiona has been rambling on about." I look at Fiona and smile.

Eventually me, Fiona and Jamie found each other and headed to the living room where Matt's band is performing. When we entered the living room there was some metal boxes which I assume was the stage. It wasn't that big and I don't know how they were going to make it work. The lights dimmed and a "spotlight", that was really a flashlight, appeared. First matt came on stage and sat on his drum set. Then a teenage boy with a guitar in his hands also appeared on stage. Then another teenage boy came on stage with a bass in his band and stood in front of the mic on the far left. Finally, another teenage boy came on and stood in the middle. I couldn't see him clearly at first but when I did my jaw dropped. It was the guy I kissed in the backyard. My first kiss, the guy I regrettably kissed in the moonlight. I can't believe I kissed one of Matt's bandmates. How was I suppose to avoid him now?

"Hi everyone. My names Nick and I'm the lead singer" he spoke. Well at least I know his name now. "My names Matt and I'm the drummer Obviously" Matt laughed. "I'm Sammy and I'm the guitarist" he said. "And I'm Oliver and I'm the bassist" he murmured. "And we're blue paranoia" Nick says into the mic. Then they started playing some covers.

I was familiar with most of the songs they played. They played bands like all time low and mayday parade. They actually weren't that bad. They really did the songs justice and you could tell they worked hard to learn the songs. After they played about five songs, they said good night and left the stage. Fiona ran up to Matt and kissed him. He picked her up and span her around.
"Babe that was amazing!" Fiona shouts over the loud crowd. "Thanks I really tried my best up there and it felt so exhilarating" he says with a huge smile plastered on his face.

Jamie and I walked up to them and congratulated Matt and told him how much we loved their performance.

"Thanks you guys. Do you guys want to meet the other band members?" Matt says. "I swear they're not bad guys most of the time"

I tense up and my eyes widen a little bit. I can't meet him. It's to embarrassing to ever talk to him again. I kissed him and then just stood up and left. I'm to awkward to ever face him again. I think Jamie noticed how I tensed up when he mentioned it so she said maybe another time. I silently thanked her for that.

Jamie and I left Fiona to have some alone time with Matt and went to sit on a bench outside. "Hey what's up? Why'd you tense up when Matt mentioned meeting the other band members?" Jamie asked with concerned laced in her voice. I sighed and close my eyes. I didn't want to tell her, I just wanted to forget about it. But I have to tell someone or else I'll burst.

"I may or may have not kissed the lead singer" I said, immediately burying my face in my hands. "You what?!" Jamie shouts. "Oh my god I didn't know you had it in you! Good for you, you finally had your first kiss" she pats me on the back. "No! It's not good cause I barely know the guy and it was embarrassing" I said. Jamie had a confused expression on her face. "Why was it embarrassing? It was a kiss. Everyone kisses people" she laughs. "Ya but he got dared to kiss me" I said. "Then I kissed him and immediately stood up and ran off without saying anything" I said.

"What why'd you run off?! He was hot" Jamie chuckles. "I don't know. It's just happened so fast and I got scared! I barely even know the guy" I exclaim.

"Calm down Mia. I'm sure he won't care about it. It was probably some meaningless kiss to him" Jamie says, trying to comfort me. "I guess you're right. I'm probably overreacting"

"Hey Jamie, can you take me home I think I've had enough excitement for tonight" I say. "Sure. I'll go find Jordan and ask to borrow the car" Jamie chuckles. "Stay here I'll be back soon" she says.

I just sit there staring at nothing lost in my thoughts. It was pretty chilly that night and my was starting to get cold. I rubbed my hands on my warms trying to conduct heat.

"Do you want my coat?" A low voice says. It startles me and I look to my left. It's Nick. "Oh umm no thanks I'm okay" I stutter. "Cmon I don't want you to catch a cold. Please it's my pleasure in to hot anyway" he says with a smile. I decide to take the coat from and thank him for the kind gesture. "So did you enjoy our performance?" He asks. I smile and nod my head. "Ya you guys were surprisingly really good. You also played some songs from my favourite bands" I said. "You like all time low?" He says, shock clearly evident on his face.

"Yeah why is that so shocking" I say with a confused tone. "I don't know I guess I've never met a girl who like all time low before" he says. "All time favourite all time low song? Go!" He says. "Easy. Oh calamity and jasey Rae acoustic version" I say with a smirk. "Oh yeah I totally agree acoustic version is way better" he smiles.

"Hey! Got the keys" I hear Jamie screaming. I look to the right and see her. "My rides ready I have to go" I stand up and hand him back his jacket. "Thanks for the jacket and nice talking to you Nick" I say. "Ya you too. See you around?" He says. I just smile and walk away.

I just met this guy but for some reason I feel almost safe with him. I can't explain it but he gives me this almost unfamiliar warmth and security. I can tell this guy is different from others.