"Who will?" Toby asked. You nodded behind him and Toby turned around slowly. Directly behind him stood Doctor Smiley with a syringe of a think blue liquid, ready to pounce if Toby made a wrong move. Toby stepped back until his back was pressed against your hip, as if shielding you.

"Don't worry, boy," Doc laughed, "I wouldn't harm her. I need her."

"So you really think that she's this One then," Toby snarled.

"I don't think, I know," Doc grinned.

"How?"

"She's got the mark."

"Mark?" You echoed, "You never mentioned a mark."

"You never asked," Doc shrugged.

"What's the mark?" Toby asked and you felt him twitching against your side.

"There is a small, pale mark of Zalgo on her lower back, so faint that you would have never seen it if you weren't looking," Doc laughed and smiled mischievously. "I searched very thoroughly. Quite the specimen you are, dear. I almost wasn't able to resist myself. Why if the situation was different, I may have even..."

Toby shouted in anger and prepared to run at the Doctor. Knowing what would happen if Toby lost his cool, you cried out for him to stop. After seeing the look in his eyes, you feared that your protest wouldn't be enough to calm his rage and you racked your brain for something convincing. 

"Toby please," you whispered. Anger and fear flashed in his eyes. "If you try anything, he'll kill you. I can't let that happen. Where would I be if you were gone? I'd be all alone."

You hated using something like that against him, but it was for his own good. You knew it pained him to hear it, it pained you too, but it was true nonetheless. With clenched fists, Toby hissed through his teeth before returning back to your side. You could feel him shaking and twitching with rage and wanted nothing more than to wrap your arms around him and tell him that you were okay; you wanted to tell him that he was okay.  But that would have to wait.

Doctor Smiley stared at the two of you curiously before laughing, "What a perfect match", and setting a small stool in front of you. He sat down and eyed Toby.

"I had planned on tying you up, Mr. Rogers, but this reunion is just so touching, I can't find it in me to break it up," he sighed. "Please find it in yourself to behave, will you? For the sake of your love, if not for yourself."

Toby twitched, but did not speak. 

"Now that the two of you are calm and ready to listen, shall I ramble on about my 'evil plans' and monologue for a bit?" Doc chuckled.

"How about we skip your trouble childhood sob story and cut straight to the part where you explain what the hell you're planning on doing to (Y/N)?" Toby snapped.

"Fine with me, though you're missing out on the most interesting bits of my past," sneered the Doc. He shifted in his seat a little, cleared his throat, and spoke. 

"Your precious (Y/N) is The One. Her blood acts as a poison to Zalgo, though the reason why is unknown and virtually unimportant. Over the years using trial and error, others before me have conducted countless experiment and found that The One is always a human female born exactly fifty years after the previous. No two Ones can exist at the same time, nor can another be born before the fifty years has ended. My predecessors also found that for the blood toxin to kill Zalgo, he must be fed approximately one gallon."

"That's impossible," Toby growled.

"Impossible to survive, yes. Impossible to obtain, no."

"You'd kill her!" shouted Toby.