Chapter 5

"You k- know, (Y/N)," Hoodie said as he fixed himself a huge plate of anything editable in the kitchen, not looking at you, "You s- should really get some n- new clothes."

You thought for a moment and frowned. "You guys all wear the same things all the time."

"We're d- dudes and k- killers," He shrugged. "It's our t- thing."

"How do you expect me to get new clothes then?" You laughed.

"Y- you could go and g- get s- some from your h- house," He sat down beside you. "Take s- someone with y- you."

"Are you offering?

"C- can't, sorry," Hoodie grinned. "B- busy today."

You raised an eyebrow at him. "Why are you smiling like that?"

"I t- think everyone is b- busy today."

"Then why did you bring up the idea?" You sighed.

"B- because Toby is t- the only one w- who is f- free," He smiled as he shoveled an assortment of food in his mouth.

You rolled your eyes at him, knowing exactly what he meant. It'd been a week since the dress up incident and everyone in the house was still buzzing about it. Everywhere you went with Toby by your side caused the room to erupt in a chorus 'awwwww's.

"I can go alone," you huffed and pulled your jacket off the back of the chair, yanking it on feverishly. You ignored Hoodie's stammered protest and quickly made your way through the living room and out the door, leaving everyone staring after you.

They must have figured that you would be fine because no one followed you. You stared out across the forest and pondered which direction to take. You decided to to go straight and you started off.

After about thirty minutes of walking into the woods, you couldn't tell which way was straight anymore. You'd always been good with navigation and direction and you were distraught to admit that you were lost. You turned in a slow circle, taking in your surroundings.

The wind was blowing your (Y/H/C) hair across your face from the left and you walked against the wind. Within minutes you were even more lost than before. This time you weren't even sure which direction the mansion was in.

You cursed under your breath and shivered, wishing you had a better jacket. The one you had grabbed when you ran after Toby was light and torn. There was a sudden crack from somewhere in the trees surrounding you and you froze, listening for the direction it came from. It echoed through the woods so it was hopeless pinpointing a location. What ever it was was coming for you, you knew that much.

Crack, crack.

It drew closer and you tried to shrink away from it, only to bump into a tree behind you. Arms wrapped themselves around you before you even realized your haven wasn't a tree. A hand was over your mouth to keep you from screaming.

"Shhhh," your captor whispered as a huge dog bearing a wide smile stepped out from behind a tree. You pressed your back against your captor, trying to get away from it. You weren't afraid of many things, but dogs were one of them.

When you were a little girl, you had a dog named Truffles. He was a fairly large dog and he was your closest and only friend. He was bitten by a racoon while he was trying to scare it off and he contracted rabies. You didn't realize there was something wrong with him until a week later when he snarled at you, foam dripping from his bared teeth. He attacked you and you still have scars from the traumatizing event. Your mother came out with a shotgun and emptied it into your only companion.

You froze at the sight of the dog and felt the arms around you relax, as if to tell you they meant no harm. Suddenly your captor released you and charged at the dog. He tackled it and you ran behind a tree.

You heard laughing and peaked around the tree to see non other than Ticci Toby pinned by the grinning dog. And it was licking his face?

"T- Toby," you stammered. He looked over at you and saw the terror in your eyes.

"He won't hurt you," He called, sitting up and letting the big dog roll over in his lap so Toby could scratching his belly.

"I c- can't," you gulped and shook your head. He frowned and stood up, striding towards you, but the smiling dog followed. You yelped and clung to Toby, burying your face in his chest. You felt it rumble with laughter and he nodded to the dog. You felt it's warm, wet tongue lick a frayed hole in your shredded jeans and you whimpered.

Toby must have heard because he snapped at the dog and it sat. He stepped away from it and pried your face from his chest, lifting your chin to make you look at him. Tears of fear welled in your eyes and Toby drew you into his arms. He stroked your hair and twisted it in his fingers which helped to calm you down a little.

He pulled you into the grass and you sat leaned against his shoulder with your arms still linked in his like a frightened child clinging to their father. He whistled and the dog slowly padded over only getting close enough to lie his head in Toby's lap.

"(Y/N), This is Smile Dog. We all just call him Smile," Toby introduced and pat the dogs head. There was a look in its eyes that told you it was afraid of you too. You smiled weakly at this and reached out to rub one of his ears between your fingers. He shrunk away from you at first, then slowly scooted closer to let you scratch behind his ear. He licked your hand and smiled up at you.

You made a new best friend that day.