Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

When I got to the restaurant and Rico was already waiting for me as usual. "What's up boss man," I said dapping him. "Thought you should know what's up with your restaurant."

"So what's up with it?"

"Everything is in motion actually; we have the building spot secure and all the permits necessary. We have talked to your lawyer and have all the paper work worked out. All I need is for you to sign on the dotted line and this will be officially yours."

"Word? I didn't know we were building this from scratch."

"With the designs you gave me I thought it best and besides you deserve to have everything you want." I nodded and signed the papers and slid them back to him. "There is one condition Kameron," he said getting serious on me. "What's that?"

"In order for this opening to go as planned I need you to stay out of trouble. I know your background and I also know shit happens but I need you to make sure you stay clear of anything that could cause this to go south." I nodded, "I got you."

"One more thing." I looked at him wondering what else it could be. "We need a name for your restaurant." I already knew what I wanted to name it just nobody else did. I gave him the name and headed out. I was thinking about what Rico said about staying out of trouble and I knew that was going to be hard considering what I was going through. If I was going to continue to do this I would have to be extra careful.

I stopped by IHOP and got some breakfast since I knew I had a bunch of niggas at my house and they were always fucking hungry. I also knew that since Ariel got pregnant she wasn't cooking that much and would kill me if I tried to make her cook for all them people. When I stepped foot in the door these niggas were laid out on my furniture while watching my TV and shit. I looked around and I couldn't find Ariel anywhere so I figured she was upstairs. I went and took the food to the kitchen, "About time yo ass brought us some food," Spider said taking the food out my hands. "Don't yo ass know how to go and get you some food?"

"Nigga you invited my black ass here you supposed to take care of me."

"I ain't yo damn daddy!"

"I don't know how the hell yo ass got a girl cause you mean as hell," he said shaking his head and mugging me. "Do it look like I give a fuck if I'm mean or not? You not the one I'm fucking so I don't give a damn what you think."

"Yo ass better be glad I like yo high yellow ass or else we would have problems he said taking the food and eating. I shook my head and headed upstairs to find the only person I wanted to see. Just as I was about to get my room Biggy stepped out like he had been waiting on me. "What's up," he ask like he has something on his mind.

"Just spill it," I said getting annoyed that I could get to Ariel. "Just wanted to see if you were good, you know with how everything would've went down yesterday."

I let out a sigh I wasn't really trying to think about the what ifs because if I did I was going to go crazy. "Look honestly Big I'm really trying not to think about it all. I just want to get this shit over with so that I can start my life with Ariel."

"I understand that but I just can't help but think about what if I would've left Kelsey behind. This was supposed to be her second chance and with the way Demetri died I didn't want to leave her like that especially not with our baby in her."

"Biggy you know at any given time you can bow out and I wouldn't blame you. I know you have a family to think about and I would never make you stay in this knowing that this is not your fight."

"Man you think I would leave you like that? From where I'm standing I'm not the only one in this with a family a stake, you more than me. I just need to know we are going to get this guy at all cost."

"Trust me this nigga has caused too many problems for him not to die." He nodded his head and went back into the room. I finally made it to my room and it was empty, I looked around trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I know like hell she didn't leave this house without letting me know!

"Hey how was your meeting," I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned around and she was coming out the bathroom with a towel around her body. "It was fine everything is going according to plan," I said sitting on the bed. "So soon we will be on our way to Atlanta where my baby daddy will be a worldwide chef," she said sitting on my lap and putting her arms around my neck. I loved when we had moments like this; with all the chaos going on I always knew I could count in her to keep me grounded.

"Something like that," I said leaving kisses on her neck. She bent her head to the side to give me more access. "You know we have a house full of people that could easily walk in on us?"

"Then maybe we should give them a show," she said crashing her lips to mine. I slowly laid her on the bed getting in between her legs. Just as we were about to go further a knock came at the door, "What!"

"Yo Kam man there's a note for you."

"I'll look at it later," I yelled back trying to get back to what I was trying to do. "Nah you need to see this now." I rolled off of Ariel and went to the door, "What is it?"

"You need to come down here and see." Once Ariel had put on some clothes we headed downstairs to see a brown box sitting by the door. "Who bought this?"

"We don't know it was left on the doorstep when we answered the door," Bunky said shrugging. I took out a knife and opened the box to find pictures of my mom on the floor bleeding and a note.

Told you little brother done playing games

Times almost up

Catch me if you can

Mommy's almost dead

Her blood is bright red

I wonder how long before everyone is dead

I clenched my teeth together as I balled up the paper. "We need to go now!"

When arrived at my mom's place the door was open and things were thrown around. I finally found my mom on the kitchen floor with tow stab wounds to her stomach with blood everywhere. I felt for a pulse and it was barely there. I called the ambulance and the only thing we could do now is wait.