Prologue

I Swear I'd Love You Right

Intellectual Property

All Rights Reserved

Angela Scribbles © July 2013

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fanfiction using real life former couples Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner. The story I tell here is my own invention, and it is not purported or believed to be a part of events that happened between TaylorSquared in the past. I am going to use different names for them as in "Alison" for Swift and "Jake" for Lautner.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PROLOGUE

(Jake's POV)

It's 8:00 in the morning already and the alarm tells me to wakeup. I am trying to. But what is the point of waking up for me, really? I get nightmares when I sleep, I get nightmares when I'm awake. It's almost the same thing, being asleep and awake. I have the same horrible feeling. Like when I lie down, something heavy is laid on my chest. When I get up, I have the sense of being incomplete, irreparable, a feeling that something had jackhammered my chest and left a huge hole.

I am not really making sense here, am I?

Jake Lautner, aka the most-stupid-est man in the world. I had perfection, I had the most valuable thing on Earth, the most precious one. I had everything because I had Alison.

It's been three years and I can't seem to be able to let go of her. Of everything that comprises her. Of everything that reminds me of her. Her fragrance. Her various collection of shoes. Her striped tees. Her purple mug. Her kitty-designed pajamas. I can't throw it all away because throwing it all away makes it look like I am abandoning everything we had.

I finally stood up and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I almost shuddered at what kind of a man I have been. I look entirely wasted. I am in a complete mess. I've grown mustache and goatee. I haven't had a proper haircut. I haven't even trimmed my nails, too.

I took a bottle of Jacques and slumped at the sofa. I pressed my nose bridge and thought of my mom. If she was here again, clearly she'd reprimand me of substituting liquor instead of coffee for breakfast.

What, really, did happen three years ago?

I lit a cigarette and ran my fingers through my hair as great waves of spasm swept through my body. I closed my eyes shut as I relive the memory that seem to never fade.

"Jake..." I was woken up by Alison's velvet voice. "Get me out of here... Please." Alison pleaded.

Alison and I were too tired and fed up with Katy's birthday party. And then all of a sudden, it occurred to me, we're here. We ran into an accident.

"Jake, my back really hurts." Alison continued sobbing. I can't bear to see Alison looking like this. My perfect Alison, her beautiful body, disfigured as the car's state, even worse.

"I'll call for help, Alison. Stay with me, baby, okay?"

Our car was flipped. Upside-down. I was thrown out of it 50 meters away, which gave me a broken rib or two and Alison got stuck in there. I think when I was thrown out of the car, I immediately ran towards Alison and passed out and her voice woke me. We were in the middle of a highway, almost like in the middle of nothingness.

I cannot think straight. I cannot breathe properly.

"Help! Someone help us!!" I screamed. "Someone out there? Please, help us! Help us, please!" I cried in pain, not because of my broken rib but because Alison is left there in the car, all bloody and deformed. I checked for my cellphone but it doesn't work anymore! I threw it away because I cannot contain my hopelessness in this situation anymore.

"Ah, shit! My rib!"

I cannot leave Alison here. But I cannot watch her dying either. I have to save her.

"Alison. Listen to me!" I approached her.

She sobbed so hard because "Jake, I think my thigh bone is broken, too! Get me out of here, I'm begging you. Please..."

"Alison, I'll call for help, okay?"

"Alison? Alison, wake up!" She closed her eyes. I do not know anything about first aid! I reached for her neck and checked for pulse. I cannot feel anything! That couldn't happen!

"No, Alison! You can't leave me like this! Alison!" I screamed and sobbed.

I ran as fast as I can, almost forgetting that I am losing a lot of blood and my ribs are broken. I ran. I ran to the nearest source of light I can see. A small grocery.

"Sir!"

"Oh my God!" I heard the customers respond. The owner of the store turned to see my unfortunate state.

"It's along the highway, please help us!" Ahhh! I closed my eyes shut. My ribs really hurt. It's like it's slashing through my tissues and organs. I heard one last thing.

"Sir, we have to bring you to the nearest hospital!"

No. We still have someone to rescue! Alison is there in the highway! Why can't you hear me? My girlfriend is bathing in her own blood! Rescue her! Rescue her and not me!

I woke up into my phantasm. Breathless. Palpitating as I reminisce what had happened three years ago. I feel like someone pulled my heart right from my ribcage.

My few minutes with Alison was something I wish I never saw. Bleeding to death. Gasping the last few air of her existence. Tears welling up.

I can still remember the pain when they told me no one was in the car when they found it.

How can that happen? Alison can't run away with a broken thigh bone and all bloody and weak! She can't just leave me. She can't just be taken away! And she can't die!

I threw my bottle across the room. I tried to erase away all these nightmares of reality but I can't. It haunts me everyday.

She can't be dead. Maybe someone rescued her? Maybe all these years, she's just with some benefactor helping her to iron things out and then finally, there will be a knock on the door and when I open it, it will be my Alison? Maybe she can't face me now. But I can accept her.

I want my Alison back. I've been searching for three straight years.

I want to erase all the previous bad memories I had of Alison. I want her smiling again. Laughing. Watching her from the shotgun seat, writing some random lyrics and sings it to me.

I'll have her back but I don't know where to start.