Chapter 8 - Blood Test

Start from the beginning

A few minutes later the girl called Jason and Lyndsy to see the doctor, Lyndsy with more malice.

"Hello, I am Dr. Brown." The doctor greeted once the two were in the room. He seemed to be in his late thirties and had a slight stubble.

"To find if you're blood related, we are going to take some blood from each of you, transfuse it, then study the DNA and some of the genetic markers to tell if you are brother and sister." Dr. Brown explained, "Hope none of you are afraid of needles."

In the corner of her eye, Lyndsy glanced over at Jason. He had his usual poker face on.

While the doctor was sterilizing the needles, Lyndsy kept glancing over to her brother. She remembered that when he had to get flu shots, he'd beg not to go, but ended up going, then crying during the shot.

However things could've, or would've, changed. After all, since the tender age of seven, Lyndsy had built up a pretty high pain tolerance and a fighting style.

"So, who wants to go first?" Dr. Brown asked the two who were silent the whole time. The two remained quiet.

Dr. Brown awkwardly went over to Lyndsy. He instructed her to make a fist as he disinfected her arm. He then drew blood from the vein. She didn't wince or acknowledge the needle.

He repeated the same process with Jason and then left the room with the two blood samples after putting a band aid on where the needle punctured the skin. Jason didn't wince, years of being the CEO of a multi-million company had taught him to have an excellent poker face to keep himself from showing weaknesses to rivals aiming to acquire more money.

The doctor came back about 15 or 20 minutes later, in anticipation, the duo turned towards him, "So, you two are..." Dr. Brown paused, "Unrelated."

Lyndsy and Jason looked at him in shock.

"Ha! I got you so bad." Dr. Brown laughed and slapped his knee, "You two are full-blooded brother and sister, congratulations!" Jason glared, clearly finding the joke unfunny.

"Thank you... Doctor, we'll be leaving now." Jason answered and straightened out his suit, he nodded towards Lyndsy to go. She got up and followed him out of the room. They both ignored the doctor on the way out.

"So, what do we do now?" Lyndsy asked once they were out of the room.

"We're going to try to keep it down low, so the tabloids doesn't hear about it." He paused, "Unless you want to have all the attention on you."

"Oh, please. I'd rather have a quiet life, but judging by the nurse who seems to be taking an awful lot of glances over to us and has been lingering near the supply cart for a while now, and with a nurse's salary and long hours, she'd want to have money to support her child. I'd say eight months pregnant." After she was done talking, the nurse she was talking about speed walked away.

Jason was about to go after her to keep the information to herself but Lyndsy stopped him, "Don't bother, I deal with attention fine. Besides, I have sunglasses on." She rolled her eyes.

"Let's go." She said and dragged him away. When they reached the waiting room again Lyndsy saw people dressed in black, armed with flashing cameras.

"Why do they always follow you around?" Lyndsy asked.

"The child of a famous, retired, dead actress and the cousin of England's prince and princess." Jason explained. Lyndsy's eyes widened.

"We're part royal?"