Orphan: 16

I don't know what to tell you Rallo." I say, as he walks with me to throw away my soda that I was still clinging on to.

" Jahod shawty is dangerous. I know I sound crazy as hell, but you have to believe me when I'm telling you this shit. "

I run my hands through my hair, and just listen to him. I know what Rallo is saying isn't the slightest bit of crazy, but I can't give him an explanation for something even I don't know. Even sitting here listening to him speak about Orphan is sickening. I don't want to continue to live in constant fear. I swear Orphan is like a entity that chose to attach himself to me out of all people.

So far what I've gained from knowing Orphan was nothing. When I told him I hated him that came from a place of confusion. It's like someyhing wants me to hate him. I'm no where near a hateful person, or even the type of person to hold resentment.

I feel a connection towards Orphan. I don't know how, but I sincerely do. It doesn't help that we are on two different planes of life. He went from being someone that I could've cared less about. To someone that has plagued my heart.

" I can't do nothing about him Randolph. He is my adoptive brother. You want me to avoid him forever? " I say, turning towards him.

" Yeah. That would be nice. " He said, holding his arm behind his back with a look of seriousness on his face.

" He lives with us. "

" Move out. "

I purse my lips. I know Rallo isn't the smartest, but he isn't dumb. " And where do you suppose I'm gonna lay up? "

" With me. "

" And have to deal with your Grandma mouth. I'll pass. " I walk past him back toward the table.

" What's wrong with her? " He catches up, and asks.

" Listen to me when I say this because I'll only say it once... " I smile. " You want me to leave my house where I have my own room, freedom, and space to move in with your strict Grandma. One who makes you leave the door open when you have company. One who doesn't allow you to cook between the hours of 6AM to 6PM. No sir. Not for me. "

" I mean... " He mutters. " Don't make her sound so much like a prison warden. "

" She is. " I laugh.

" Don't disrespect my Grandma Jahod." He said, sternly.

" Then stop recommending stupid ass alternatives to a problem that isn't yours. " I say, and roll my eyes before we get back to where Yiderah and Arshon was.

Once we reach the table they are both standing and waiting on us. I just wanted to go to this fair that has been postponed since forever.

" Y'all ready? " I ask.

" Been ready. " Arshon says.

" I know I'm ready. " Yiderah answers.

" Good. It's almost time. " I pull my phone out, and look at the current time. " Y'all want to head down that way now? "

" We can. I'm tired of just sitting here. " Yiderah says, fixing her hair on her front camera.

I nod as we all begin to exit out of the mall. Once we reach the outside of the mall we head in the direction of the fair. The sun was setting on the horizon, and it was a beautiful thing to witness amongst all of the havoc. A high part of me was getting a very eerie feeling because today was just too peaceful. I am one to follow my instincts, so I don't know if I can go through with tonight.