Chapter 14 - Planning

A few days later, Luke and I sat down to plan our wedding. I was really excited because I had always dreamed of this day as a kid. I had always waited for the day when I got to plan my wedding with someone I love.

"I'm so excited, ugh," I couldn't stop moving at the table.

"We might not have much time since the girls haven't been taking very long naps. We need to talk quickly about this. We'll plan a little now, a little the next time the girls sleep, and keep going for however long it takes us to-"

I heard a cry from the nursery. I sighed and got up out of the chair. Luke stopped me, telling me, "don't worry. I've got this."

He walked into the nursery and grabbed Makenna, the one who had been crying. He got a bottle of formula out from the kitchen, then began to feed Makenna.

"I knew she wouldn't sleep very long. She didn't have much to eat earlier," Luke told me.

"Yeah, I know. It didn't seem like she wanted to eat earlier. Hopefully she does now," I looked at Makenna who was quickly eating, "it seems like she was really hungry."

"I bet she is. She hardly had anything like this morning, like I had said."

"Well I'm going to make up some more bottles," I announced and walked into the kitchen.

------

Later that night, when the twins were finally asleep for the night, but not the whole night for sure, Luke and I sat on the couch with notebooks, ready for ideas from either of us.

"Where do you think we should having the wedding?" Luke asked.

"I don't know. Do you want an inside or an outside wedding?"

"I'd like an inside wedding," Luke told me, and I agreed.

"What about a reception? Inside also?" I wondered, and Luke nodded.

"Theme?" He gave me a questioning look. I shrugged, "maybe black and white? I think that would be a nice theme."

"Plain, but plain is sometimes nice. If like black and white. Who do you want to invite?"

There were many people named. Most were family and close family friends. Soon, I had brought up the idea of inviting Sister Jude.

"I'd like to invite Sister Jude.." I mentioned quietly.

"Who? Sister Jude?" He asked, and I nodded. He shook his head, "there's no way we're inviting her. She's... She's just.. ugh."

"What about her? When I was in the asylum, she was like a mother to me. She was always nice to me. She gave us Christmas gifts for heaven's sake!"

"I just don't like her."

"We're inviting her. You can't stop me from inviting her."

"Yes I can. I dint want you to invite her because she hates me!" He exclaimed.

"No she doesn't! She bought you a shirt for Christmas, remember?"

"Yeah, she did," he nodded, "but that doesn't mean she likes me."

"If she completely despised you, she wouldn't have gotten you anything for Christmas. Trust me. She does not hate you."

"Okay. Invite her."

"Yay!" I smiled.

"Why do you want to invite her so much?"

"I told you, she was like my mum when I was in the asylum for those two years. She was always so nice to me."

"Okay," he nodded. We continued planning. We got a lot done and we're ready to go to bed until one of the girls began to cry.

"Right on cue.." I laughed.

"They must've known we were ready to go to bed.." Luke groaned, then followed me into the nursery to get both of them.

"We need to change them and get them right back in bed. I'm really tired and do not feel like staying up for another hour trying to get them back to sleep.." I told Luke. He nodded, agreeing that he was tired too.

After we had finally got the twins changed and back into their cribs, Luke and I got changed before getting into bed.

"Babe.." Luke whispered into my ear as he put his arm around me.

"What?" I asked him, turning towards him.

"I love you. And I can't believe we're getting married," he smiled.

"I can't believe it either, but I'm so happy. Goodnight, babe," I kissed him and turned away, soon falling asleep.

~

I feel like absolute shit rn but ily guys:)

-Lizzie xx