Chapter 6 - Liz

September 14, 2015

After two weeks of being in Australia, I had a part time job at a local restaurant which was right around the corner from the apartment, and Luke was working at a pizza place about two blocks away. We had been working for about a week and a half now. We didn't need a car for anything, really. We were within walking distance from our work. We could just walk down a block or two to get groceries. We could get anything else from the outlets just three blocks away. There was also a bus in case we needed to go anywhere farther away, or if we didn't feel like walking.

When Luke got home from work, we always watched a few shows before eating. We began looking for a show after I had gotten back from the bathroom.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked.

"I don't know. Anything."

"Friends?" He smiled.

"Sure. Two episodes, then I'll start supper."

"Okay," he agreed. When the first episode was almost over, I told him to pause it, but he asked why.

"I need to go to the bathroom, just pause it," I told him. He nodded, and when I came back, we finished it, then watched a second episode.

I had made supper after that, and when it was ready, I told Luke to wash his hands before eating, like we always do. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands before joining him at the table.

"So.. How was your work today?" He asked.

"Pretty busy. What about yours?"

"It was okay. Since today's a Monday, we don't have as big of a rush as we do on, like, Friday's or Saturday's."

"Yeah," I nodded.

We had finished our spaghetti, and I washed up our plates and utensils. I was actually getting used to life in Australia. I liked it. I walked over to Luke and asked him if he wanted to go out and do something, like watch a movie.

He agreed, so I grabbed my small purse and we left. We decided to take the bus since the movie theater was about three miles away, and we didn't feel like walking it.

When we got to the movie theater, we looked at the movies and chose one. I didn't exactly want to see it, but it looked like a good movie. It was horror, and it had just come out about a week before. The Visit is what we saw. (A/N: I haven't seen it, so no spoilers please!)

Halfway through the movie, I got scared and held onto Luke tightly. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead before telling me I'd be alright. I smiled and nodded. God, I loved him so much.

"I love you, Luke.." I whispered.

"I love you too," he smiled, and we continued watching the movie.

Every once in a while, I would ask Luke for the large popcorn or soda that we had gotten. I also had gummy bears, and I ate two every time I got scared. I was out of them before the movie was even three-quarters over. Luke shared some of his with me. It really was a good movie, though. I think that it's good to watch scary movies sometimes, or else the movies I watch get boring, and they're just the same-old, same-old.

We took the bus back home, and right after we got back into the apartment, Luke pushed me against the back of the door and smashed his lips onto mine. I kissed him back, with force. He smirked as we walked into the living room to watch some Full House on Netflix before going to sleep.

------

The next morning, I woke up, and I didn't feel very good. I felt like I had a cold. I threw up a little bit, and Luke told me that I should stay home from work.