15th Chapter ♣ First Day

Start from the beginning

"Oh, so this is like 'In Rome, do what the Romans do', is that it?"

"Somehow like that. Lord Aeron did not give you the privilege of having extra-territorial rights when you entered this academy."

"Unless you prove to me that you are worthy of your title, I won't respect you." She stubbornly told him.

"Then neither will I." He retaliated.

They continued to climb the steps in silence. After reaching the top, they turned to their right and traveled through the corridor to their left and stopped in front of the sixth door by the right.

"You should smile more." Valeriana boldly told him. "It looks better on you. If you keep frowning, you'll have wrinkles."

"I did it simply because I just realized that humans are downright amusing." He answered with hostility.

Valeriana's frowned in aggravation from his attitude. Being with this guy certainly was pissing her off. His attitude was so provoking.

"Really," she muttered, rolling her eyes. It wasn't like she was nagging him feeling like they were close.

"This is it. I won't be seeing you for a while. I'll be busy with my own business so ask someone else to guide you to the dinner hall." He then left after that.

"Geez. Way to go ignoring me. He keeps telling me I'm weird, but look who's talking." Valeriana slowly twisted around and stared at the brass knob of the wooden door standing before her. She took a deep breath and grabbed the knob, pushing it open. The creak made her heart pound in her chest and she peeked into the room through the small gap she made. She slipped right in immediately and was confronted by the image of-thank goodness-a typical college classroom. With a few modifications of course.

She was afraid she would spot something more . . . unusual.

As she breezed through the room to find an empty and unoccupied seat, the feeling of eyes following her every move did not cease to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Hey!" Someone waved at her.

Valeriana followed the direction of the voice and saw a girl patting the empty seat next to her. Feeling relieved, Valeriana started to climb the steps. The style of the classroom was like the one in Harry Potter . . . or was that another movie?

Just as she took another step, a boy about her age stuck out his foot and tripped her. Valeriana gasped as she felt her body losing its balance. She painfully landed on her front with a loud bang and high-pitched shriek, causing the whole class to erupt into gleeful laughter.

"Oh my goodness. Is she really a member of the Celestial Circle? How can one be so ungraceful and clumsy?" Someone guffawed.

"Unworthy!"

"How pathetic."

Valeriana felt embarrassed that she couldn't even show her face. She wanted to scream in frustration but bit her lip to prevent herself from humiliating herself any further. She instead, decided to stand back up on her feet without saying anything.

Maybe the thing about being a member of the circle was a bad idea after all.

Valeriana cleared her throat and dusted off her clothes. She looked down at the foot of the dude who tripped her. It was still sticking out, so as revenge, Valeriana lifted her foot and brought it down harshly. Her feet landed with a 'thwack' on his foot.

The boy screamed in agony. Valeriana felt a little rush of pleasure from it, so she put more pressure on it intently, chewing on her lip until she heard something crack. Valeriana then took a step back, pretending to not realize what she had done until then.