Eighteen

"I just think it would be better if you moved to Munich." Mario explains honestly as we sit in the dining room at my parents house.

"No fucking way." I say.

"Lia, it's the best for the baby and for you." Melanie says making me glare over at her with Yvonne agreeing.

"Why should I have to move to Munich? Why can't Mario just move back here?" I question.

"Because he plays for Bayern and he can't travel across the country all the time." Marco explains making me glare.

"But I have a job here." I point out.

"Well luckily where I live in Munich there's just a ballet studio down the street and they're actually looking for teachers." Mario pipes in.

"Just think about it logically Lia." My mother says wisely making me place my hand against my stomach and think back to when I found out.

It was a week after the surgery and I was at Marco's house with Mario.

I was in the toilet peeing on the stick with Marco shouting from the other side of the door making sure I was doing it right.

"Fuck off Marco!" I scream once he starts to nag me even more.

I do as the instructions say and then go outside while leaving the test in the toilet.

"How long do you have to wait?" Mario asks.

"Ten minutes, so not long."

Little did I realise that ten minutes would feel like ten hours right now.

"Finally!" I exclaim once ten minutes is up before running into the toilet and getting the test.

It's positive.

I'm pregnant.

I run out with the test and jump up and down.

"I'm pregnant." I scream and before I know it I'm in Mario's arms crying.

"We're pregnant." Mario whispers.

This will be better for the baby.

But I grudge going to Munich.

I won't be able to go to the Borussia Dortmund games every week.

I'll be away from family and friends.

I'll be away from home.

"Okay, but where will I be living?" I ask.

"There's an apartment below me for sale or you can live with me; I've got a spare room." Mario says.

"Don't you live with Ann-Kathrin?" I ask but Mario shakes his head.

"No but she does come over to visit." Mario explains.

"Okay then I'll see the apartment below you." I answer making everyone smile.

------------------------

Two weeks later and I'm getting ready to leave.

Mario is waiting for me in Munich.

My family are seeing me off in Dortmund.

Never in my life did I ever think I would live anywhere other than Dortmund.

"I love you!" I scream as I pull my suitcase behind me.

Mario insisted I used a private jet.

I told him I wasn't getting on his stupid private jet but he made me get on it anyway.