"Blight."

 "How'd you come up with the name?" Asked Caitlin.

 "Well, he's black and white. Right?"

 And they both nodded their heads.

 "So, I put to colors together and got the name Blight." I explained.

 "Oh." Said Alex.

 "Formulae please." Laughed Caitlin.

 "Black+White=Blight." I laughed.

 "Okay, Alex, give me the cat." Demanded Caitlin.

 "I'm not finished." Argued Alex.

 "Give me." Caitlin said, now gripping on to Blight.

 And it wasn't long before Alex and Caitlin were both pulling Blight. I had to do something so I told dad to pull his hands out and I tickled them both and Blight was now falling but dad caught him. Just as I planned. Mission complete!

 "You two are such babies." I told them off.

 I took Blight from dad and dad requested me to test out the cat flat. I put little Blight on to the floor and pointed towards the cat flat and I opened it a bit and he stepped closer towards it and I quickly went outside and waited for Blight to come through the flap. He jumped through seconds later and landed onto my lap.

 "Good boy." I said to Blight. I gave him a little cuddle and took him back inside.

 I gave dad a thumbs up and entered my bedroom. I placed him on top of my bed and I got out my dress and changed into my pink, princess pajamas. I went to pick up Blight and I found a puddle on my bed. I'm guessing he's not potty trained.

 "DAD!" I called. "BLIGHT HAD AN ACCIDENT!"

 "I'M COMING!" Shouted dad.

 He stepped inside and I showed him the problem and he burst out laughing.

 "It's not funny, dad." I said and crossed my arms. "Can you get out those brand new bed covers and pillows and duvet?"

 "Alright." He said.

 I waited for him and I grabbed Blight and I asked Caitlin if they bought a litter tray and luckily they did. She could have told me sooner. I put the litter tray in my room for the first day and I thought training a cat is easy but I was wrong. Dad came inside my room with a pile of pillows and duvets. I stripped the beds and put them into the washing basket that Alex had brought and discovered that my mattress was in a state too. So that had to go to the wash too and as for me, I had to sleep in a bed with a bed that had no mattress and it was really uncomfortable. I got the basket dad gave me and slid the lid off and placed a old blanket into the basket and made sure it was soft and placed Blight inside and I watched him close his eyes and go to sleep. I stroked him once more and went to sleep on my own mattress-less bed.

 ***

Ouch! My back was stiff and it was so soar. I should have just slept in the living room on the sofa. I turned to look at Blight but he was gone. He wasn't in his basket or anywhere in my room. I searched up and down but there was no sign of him. Damn it. I left the door open and he must have gotten out. I went to dad, who was having his breakfast and asked him if he'd seen Blight but he didn't. I went to the kitchen and saw Alex and Caitlin and asked the same question. Alex said she saw him go through the cat flap.

 "What! Why didn't you stop him? He doesn't know the area. He could get lost." I panicked.

 Alex and Caitlin both looked suspicious and guilty. Something was up and I had a feeling they had something to do with Blight escaping.