Unwelcome Help

(Merry Christmas, everybody!)
You're busy flinging things into a bag for your trip to the Serpentine tombs when you hear a knock on your door.

"Coming!" you yell over your shoulder. Whoever it is knocks again.

"I said I'm coming!" you repeat, walking over to the door. "Sheesh, give me a minute will you-you!"

You open the door to find the last person you would have ever expected-Nya, in her Samurai X armor with a small knapsack over her shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" you demand.

"I'm here to help you find Jay," Nya replies as if it's obvious.

You fold your arms and glare at her. "No, you're not. You're going to take that bag of yours and march right back to where you came from."

Nya studies you for a moment. "Look, y/n, I know I've messed up a lot, and that you've got a bunch of reasons not to trust me, but do you really think you can save Jay all by yourself?"

Well...no. But you're not going to admit that to Nya. "Yes."

"No, you can't," Nya replies. You open your mouth to say something-probably something stupid-but Nya keeps going without letting you get a word in edgewise. "I know you don't like me, but can we please just forget about all the hatred and bad decisions for now? For Jay?"

You open your mouth to protest, then reluctantly close it again. As much as you hate to admit it, Nya's right. You may be good at ninja moves, but you still aren't capable of fighting a whole army of Serpentine and rescuing a hypnotized Jay all by yourself. Still, you have to think about it for a few minutes before you finally step aside and let Nya into the dorm room.

"Fine," you say. "But don't get any crazy ideas about us being friends or anything."

Nya nods, looks around, and finally sits down on the end of your bed. "Do you have any idea where he is? You mentioned the Serpentine in your phone call, but-"

"He's stuck in the Serpentine tombs," you reply without looking up.

"He's where?" Nya asks, sitting up straight. "But the nearest Serpentine tomb is miles away!"

"Not anymore," you mutter under your breath. You zip up the backpack you packed and pull it over your shoulders. "Let's go. The sooner we get moving, the sooner we get Jay back." And the sooner I never have to speak to you again, you add to yourself as you walk out the door, making sure to 'accidentally' hit Nya with your full backpack.