Jay Goes Home

"Well, uh, I guess this is goodbye, y/n."

"Goodbye for now," you correct. You're walking Jay to his rental car so that he can drive back to the airport and fly back home to the monastery. Despite your protests to the contrary, you really wish Jay would stay with you for a few more weeks. But...he has to help protect Ninjago, and you have to work on your education. The two of you just can't live near each other right now. Hopefully, that's going to change once you graduate.

On impulse, you grab Jay's shoulder, pull him to a stop, and turn him around so he's facing you. "It was really fun having you here, you know. Maybe you could come visit again sometime."

Jay laughs nervously. "Ha, really? Well, it was interesting, getting schooled by you in our sparring match."

You facepalm. "Jay Dorkmaster Walker..."

Jay gives you a weird look. "Uh, you know that's not my middle name, right?"

"I know, but I don't know what your real middle name is, so I had to make one up," you explain with a shrug.

"Wow," Jay says. "You sound kind of like my mom when you do that."

You hold up a hand. "Peace! I will stop your mouth."

"What's that supposed to—?"

You cut Jay off by kissing him. He kisses you back, bouncing giddily the whole time.

Finally, Jay pulls away with a serious look on his face. "Just be careful, y/n. there have been a lot of Serpentine sightings recently, especially in this area."

"Jay," you reply. "I can handle myself. Don't worry."

Jay pecks you on the lips. "I'm your boyfriend. It's my job to worry."

You smile at him. "I know. You keep an eye out, okay? I'd rather not have to use my awesome ninja skills to save you."

"And who taught you those ninja skills?" Jay asks in a mock-hurt voice.

You laugh and nudge his shoulder. "I'm teasing. I know you can handle yourself. Just be careful, okay? I love you, and I don't want you to get hurt."

"Hey, I'm a ninja. I travel in the shadows, I walk unknown amongst my enemies, I command the very lightning! I can handle anything those dumb snakes throw at me."

"Sure," you laugh, before noticing the time on your watch. "Wow, how did it get so late already?"

"Yikes!" Jay grabs your wrist and checks the time, then takes off running down the street. "I've gotta go, I'm gonna miss my flight, I love you, y/n!"

You laugh to yourself as Jay disappears around the corner. "I love you too, you dork."