Chapter 20- Comming clean

I made my way out of the cupboard a few minutes after Hunter left, earning myself a few weird looks, I wondered did that just happen or am I dreaming. I was so confused and with confusion came anger, how dare Hunter kiss me and act like nothing happened. Is he fucking crazy, whatever the reasons he thinks he has for this weird episode, he still fucking cheated on me and made me look like a desperate whore. The shit I've had to put up with because of him and his little slapper, really has me fucking pissed. Then again for just those few minutes I can't help but feel overjoyed that I got him back, just for a few minutes.

Anyway, to my first lesson I suppose, I was late, really late. I casually strolled in to the room, one earphone in as was customary, blocking out the world. I passed Tiffany who was crying her desk pushed against Hunter's her big fat head resting on his shoulders, two beautiful black eyes and an ugly white plastic thing taped to her nose. I couldn't help but feel proud of my handiwork, and couldn't help the little giggles that escaped as I made my way passed her and to my seat at the back. As she saw me she dramatically burst into tears. Stupid fucker! I can't wait for her to cross the wrong person one day and she get the beating she fucking deserves. Parasite!

'Its so nice for you to join us Riley, If you didn't have the highest grade in the class, I'd be seriously concerned, but for now detention after school, one hour. Now open up pride and prejudice and read the last few chapters that remain. When you have done this copy the essay title off the board and complete by Friday at the latest. Oh and Tiffany, stop that ridiculous noise you are pushing my patience, how you are still in AP English lit is really something else.'

The class erupted into fits of giggles causing Tiffany to let out a pig like shriek of anger, she reminded me of a little kid having a temper tantrum. Don't you just love teachers that can't stand bitches.

As the bell sounded, I gathered all of my things and stuffed them in my backpack, I had almost finished my essay, I loved English lit and would look forward to finishing my essay in detention, geeky right.  I was pulled back roughly and slammed against the door, long nails digging painfully into my cheeks

'That little stunt you pulled earlier will not go unpunished, you have  no idea what you have coming to you do you, you disgusting little whore. I can't wait to ruin your life, if it's not bad enough you lost your sexy ass boyfriend to me, you have this coming too. Oh Riley, what have you done.' She moved to grab my arm, once again reopening the stitches, I looked to Hunter, who was stood behind her looking on, concern and anger in his eyes. I know I looked frightened, I couldn't help it. She really looked crazy, like she was out of her mind. I still had no clue what she had planned but from the look in Hunter's eyes I think he did.

As soon as she released my wrist I pushed her away and ran out of the door. Fuck school I've had enough for one day. I got in my car and drove to talk it out with the one person who I knew would be ready to listen, mama.

*****************************************************

'So honey, that your wrist all better. Let me wrap that for you.' Wrapping the bandage around my wrists she continued. 'So what do you think this girl meant, what's she planning, does Hunter know?'

'See that's the thing Mama, I think he knows something but won't tell me, he was so cryptic. He looked so angry when she said she had something planned. I've never seen him look so angry before. I'm kinda worried. She's had the whole school on to me in some way or another, I don't know what can be worse than that. Ok it's been a better since my accident, I think people felt sorry for me. I just don't know.'

'We'll just have to wait and see then, until then I made you a veggie lasagne, come and eat with me, then you can start waiting tables as your shift will start soon.' She stood up and gave me a hug, before pulling away and looking into my eyes 'what I will say is be careful, always be on your guard, you've had enough close calls recently, next time you won't be so lucky.'

Hunter's POV

I was so fucking angry, how dare she say that stuff to Riley. This whole thing has been so hard. I know I'm hurting her. The whole janitor's closet thing I just couldn't help. I needed to be with her, I needed to see her.

Whilst we've been apart I've been watching her from afar. I told the principle that Tiffany touched me up and I threw a chair in anger resulting in the broken the window, he believed me. He mentioned that this is a regular occurrence with her under his breath of course. I really feel for the other guys. Tiffany just couldn't see that no guy wants a desperate slapper. Tiffany had to pay for the repairs. I went to the hospital when I found out she'd cut her wrists., I stayed out of the way, but I got a nasty message from Alex telling me this was all my fault. He was right, this is my fault. I thought I was protecting her by giving into Tiffany, now its just made things worse and there's no way I can stop this, she's just too obsessive. I've tried to spend as much time out of her company as I possibly could, but everywhere I turned, she was there. She showed up at my house and my mom told her in no uncertain terms to piss off. I even hid in the toilets and she came in to see where I was.

The only way I could help Riley through what was about to happen was to come clean to those around her. I told my mom everything, she was so disappointed in me, she said I was just like my father which hurt, then she apologised and said I did the right thing at the time. Women, I'll never understand them. Happy one minute then crying and screaming the next. She was eager to speak to Riley, she loved Riley, I told her she'd have to wait.

Riley was working tonight, which meant that I could speak to Casey and Alex at once, I text Casey and told her to meet me at Riley's at 6. I was nervous as I knocked on the door. When it opened, I met blue eyes exactly the same as Riley's except these were angry looking, before I knew it was sprawled across the driveway with a split lip. Damn, that dude can punch hard.

He turned and silently went into the house, me following him. There was a blonde guy there already scolding Alex, then they kissed. Dude they kissed. I had no idea Alex was gay. They both laughed at my expression. I was aware that I looked somewhat like a fish. Eyes wide mouth gaping. Casey was there too as I caught her eyes, I didn't miss how pissed off she was nor was I expecting the slap she gave me.

'Ow, I guess I deserved that' I said rubbing my cheek.

'How dare you hurt my best friend you bastard. ALEX PUT ME FUCKING DOWN NOW.' She growled. Instead Alex sat on her as she wouldn't give up trying to attack me.

The blonde guy stood up and introduced himself as Jake, Alex's boyfriend, like I hadn't guessed, coz I always go around tonguing by best friends. Still he seemed like a nice guy.

'Listen, I know you guys are mad at me, but there's a lot I need to tell you before Riley gets home, and when the shit hits the fan you gotta be there for her, she can't get kicked out of school, she's on her last chance and I know she wanted to do well for Adam. we graduate in three weeks, if I tell her what's going on she will kill Tiffany, and she'd get kicked out for sure.' So I explained. As realisation dawned there were mixed expression on their faces.

Alex spoke up, 'So this video, have you tried to get your hands on it?'

'Of course I have you idiot Alex, she made several copies. I got one, got she's got another one, I looked everywhere. I have no idea where she's going to release it. I just know its going to happen. When it does she'll need us. You understand why I can't tell her now right. She will kill her, for sure. She'll go fucking mad.'

They nodded in agreement. So now we wait.