Chapter 11- Drowning

I felt like I was drowning, and I almost had once at the beach, its the reason I don't like water or the sea anymore. I remember I was 11 Adam had taken me and Alex to the beach, we had chips only Alex ate his too quickly and puked into some lady's beach bag when she wasn't looking, anyway as usual getting sidetracked, I was in my pink inflateable rubber ring when bobbing up and down in the middle of the sea watching Alex bury Adam in the sand until I realised I'd drifted out too far, I'd panicked and struggled a little in the rubber ring, sliding right through the centre and into the sea, the water closed over my head, my arms and legs flapping about reaching for something to grab onto, but there was nothing...until Adam came to save me. Always getting me out of trouble, always there to save me, always there to kiss away the tears....until he was gone. There was no one left to save me. Just an imense feeling of lonliness, I felt empty.

I opened my eyes to see a worried Hunter and his mum peering at me.

'I fainted didn't I? That's not embarassing at all, I don't mean to be rude but can I just get on with the whole deep and meaningful before I chicken out.' I looked between Hunter and his mum who seemed to be sharing questionning glances. 'I'm fine, seriously' I blurted before they could ask me how I am. I bloody hate that question.

'I'll leave you guys too it, call me if you need anything sweetie' much to my surprise Hunter's mum lent down to kiss my forehead. I don't ever remember my mum doing that.

I sat cross legged on Hunter's bed with him sat across from me patiently looking and waiting for me to begin.

'OK, so i'll just get straight to it, I grew up in England as you know, I had a mum and a dad who were tattooists.

They had a tattoo shop where we lived, they were so wrapped up in each other I don't actually remember when they would spend time with me, I was only small when they died, 5 or so I think, they had been to a tatto convention across the country somewhere. They were killed, by a drunk driver on the way back.

I was sad of course, but I dnt really remember them that much. It was my brother Adam who bought me up, who loved me, read me bedtime stories when he should have been out partying and getting drunk, who cooked me dinner every night. He was a little bit older than me'

I turned to show him my tattoo on my back. 'I was 10 and he was 21. This was his harley although he didn't have a full licence, we were working on it together a little every day, until he got a full licence. He actually did all of my tattoos, when I was 16, we were never a really strict family in England you have to be 18 to be tattooed and I turned 18 two months ago, He did them all, except the last one, the one on my back, that was a surprise for him, a tribute saying thanks for being mum, dad and brother to me and Alex. But he died on his birthday before I could show him.

He went out with his friends on his birthday, we lived by the beach and they had a beach party, I didn't go, although he begged for me to come, saying it wouldn't be the same without me, but he spent his life looking after me, he deserved one free night, he deserved some time just him and his friends. It didn't turn out too well. He was drunk and a girl who used to come in the shop to be tattooed by Adam, and was a little bit obssessed by him, turned up at the party.She used to wait outside for him to finish, she got hold of his phone number and started sending him weird messages. She tried to get Adam's attention by 'fake drowining', Adam of course would help anyone, drunk or not, of course everyone was drunk, so he tried to save her, but the drink dulled his senses and found imself struggling and he drowned, She thought he was faking like her to get her attention and she swam off laughing, but it was too late. He was gone'

I didn't realise I was crying until I Hunter reached accross to wipe them from my face with his fingertips, 'How did you end up here in America?' I could have kissed Hunter then, he knew I wouldn't want to talk anymore about that, it was hard enough as it is, Adam was my world and he was taken by that stupid bitch's pathetic actions. Sure its not blood and guts but it happened and it happened to me and to Adam and it hurts.

'Alex had decided to go to college in America to study Architecture instead of attending uni in England. He decided to stay when he graduated. I didn't have any family left in England so I was sent to Alex. After getting kicked out of my last school, we came here. And so you have it. The mess that I call life.'

Hunter just cuddled me, I needed to be cuddled. So did what any girl would do when being squeezed to death by a dude hug..I squeezed right back....until we were rudely interrupted by the beeping of his phone again.

Hunter's POV

I hurt for her, I could see in her eyes the pain and adoration she felt for Adam. He sounded like a good guy. I could see the tears making tracks sending her heavily made up black eyes dripping down her face. I wiped them away when she'd done talking and gave her a cuddle knowing this was what she needed right now....then our moment was ruined by the beeping of my phone another text, taking the phone from my hoodie pocket without Riley noticing was challenging in itself, nothing could get passed her. I opened the text keeping the phone behind her back and reading over her sholder.

Unkown: Im watching...and waiting...soon you'll know who I am. Just know that I love you more than she ever will and I know you love me too. I'll sort it I promise. Soon. x

I clicked the phone off and slipped it back into my pocket, ignoring the crazy bitch who keeps on messaging me.