Chapter Three

Seven years later...

"I can't believe you will already be named a Jedi." General Leia Organa said breathlessly, stroking her son's hair.

"Mom," he whined, attempting to remove her hands from his face.

"Do you believe you're ready? If not I could talk to Luke-"

"Princess, its fine. He's been training for thirteen years already." Han Solo cut her off, putting an arm around her shoulders and kissing her forehead.

"I told you to not call me that anymore." She cussed, nudging him on the arm.

"Besides, I still have a month more of training to do." Ben added.

"Enough, I'll go say goodbye to Shira." Leia rolled her eyes at them and stormed away; she hated being challenged. Han Solo chuckled with his son. Leia will always be her stubborn self.

Meanwhile, Shira was saying goodbye to Chewbacca. Han and Leia were like the parents she never had. Ever since Han rescued her from that smuggler, he's been overly protective over her. Basically, she was the adventurous child he never found in Ben. He would take her around to distant systems in his Millennium Falcon... he even taught her how to communicate with a wookie.

Chewie howled sadly at her. "Aww it won't be long, Chewie. A month will pass in the blink of an eye." Shira reassured and hugged her furry friend.

"Shira," she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Leia!" She smiled widely and hugged her friend.

"I'm very proud of you, Shira." Leia said, hugging her back. Shira reminded her of herself when she was younger. Stubborn and determined.

"Girl," a fatherly voice boomed behind them. Shira turned her head to meet Han's gaze. He nicknamed everyone, didn't he?

"That scoundrel always interrupts me," Leia muttered, pulling away from Shira. Han hugged her, too.

"See you soon, Han." She said as she hugged him back.

"Behave, okay?" He joked. She smirked at him as reply and walked to the ship she and Ben were taking.

This time, only them knew the location of the place where they'll finish their training. And Luke wasn't taking them either. Going to him represented their choice of becoming Jedi knights.

"I'll pilot!" She commanded, entering the ship first. Ben contemplated her for a few seconds before entering. Looking at her made him wish he wasn't so prone to hesitation. Shira was so sure about what she wanted to be, and there he was. With a dangerous curiosity towards the Dark Side and an unstable temper.

***

"We're here." Ben announced and proceeded to slow down the ship from light speed. They hovered the swamp planet of Dagobah.

"Ugh, I hate swamps." Shira complained as they entered the atmosphere. "I can barely see a thing with all these clouds."

"Is there even a clearing to land on?" Ben said searching through the fog for any clearings but failing. Before they could do anything their ship collided with the slimy swamp water, and started to sink slowly.

"That doesn't sound good." Shira commented, hearing the water start to damage their motors. Now they had a clearer view of the place. From their point of view it was impossible to see the sky; the vines were everywhere.

"We should get out of the ship, I sense something in the water." He suggested noticing a force field coming from the water. It seemed like a big creature, so they should better get away.