Chapter Fifteen

A/N: I hope this song helps you get over Shylo.

I know its a short chapter but I'm not sure when will I be able to update again, and I don't want to torture you much. #ShyloPlzComeBack #IFight4Shylo #ShyloBack2gether2k16

Enjoy, wookies

"So I don't give a fuck what you mean, I'm done."  She finished and slammed the door.

Kylo sprinted up from bed and ran after Shira, he found her inside her room hanging her sabers to her belt and charging a blaster. "Shira, I didn't mean it like that-"

"SHUT UP ALREADY!" She roared and turned to him. "You are the one who doesn't understand anything; if you knew I was against this from the start then why did you pull me further into this? You could have told me to leave, but what did you do? Tangle me further into this mess."

He was speechless. All he could make out was a hopeless "I missed you."

"But I didn't. I forgot about you, but I was stupid enough to give you another chance. We're better off each other's lives." She spoke coldly, as she shrugged on a leather jacket like Han Solo's. Seeing her wearing that only made it worse for Kylo.

"Shira, I love you, we could-"

"That's not enough." He opened his mouth to say something, but she cut him off. "We could what? Rule the galaxy together?

This," she pointed around "is madness, and I'm done with playing along." And just like that she walked out.

Deep down, Kylo didn't want to stop her. If she was happier without him then so be it, but he was selfish, too. And watching her go wasn't an option.

He caught up to her at the runway, right before she climbed into a ship and left his life forever.

Shira felt a hand wrap around her wrist. She turned around sharply. "What now?" she hissed.

"I'm not letting you go that easy." In her wide eyes he could see she was having a battle with herself. She scanned his face with a mix of anger and something else he couldn't make up, but it sure was sad.

"I-"

"No, now you let me speak. You think I never doubted myself? When you came here I thought I was dreaming. When that storm trooper came to me and told me there was a woman with a purple saber causing trouble in the supply deck I thought I heard him wrong, but when I saw you... It definitely was a mock from destiny.

I told myself, this is your chance. This time you could finally bury your cowardice and kill her. But I didn't. Instead, I fall in love. And I'm scared to let you go.

You say I'm emotionless, that I don't care about all the death around me, but I do. I can't help but feel a pull towards the light when I'm with you." She looked at him dreadfully, but that was soon overcame by pride.

"Then get rid of it." She said, removing his hand from her wrist. He didn't give up and grabbed her harder by the shoulders.

"I don't want to." His brown eyes shimmered, threatening to be filled with tears. His eyes were begging her.

"Kylo, don't make this any harder for me." Shira looked away, and gently removed his hands from her shoulders, but he refused to let go.

"But what am I making harder?" She let out a sob. "Why can't you trust me, Shira? I gave you everything. I love you."

"But what do you love more? Me or the First Order?"

Slowly, he let go of her, lacking the courage to look at her. "I knew it."

Shira turned away and climbed into the ship. Before taking off she looked for him, but he was already gone. He gave up.

***

Two nights before...

"Will you help me?" Kylo looked into his father's aged eyes. He was broken, and Han was, too.

He was hopeless. "Yes... anything."

He had no choice.

He pressed the button and the laser blade blasted from the hilt, piercing Han Solo's body relentlessly. That look.

The look he gave him, was the same Shira did back in Mustafar. When he had a saber to her heart. Back in Coruscant when he killed all those children.

His ears rang, it felt like he was underwater. The world spun around him with no mercy; the Force being there with no purpose and he wondered if his father was offering him redemption. Then he saw her.

He saw those amber eyes gleaming with fury as she ran towards him, reaching for her saber. Ready to attack. Ready to kill, but then-

Shira fell.

It was like it all happened in slow motion. Her eyes widened as something hit her back. She landed on her knees and clutched her abdomen. She looked at him wide eyed; she was running out of time.

Silently, she dropped to the floor and died with her eyes wide open, forever staring into his.

"NO!" Kylo sat up in bed as he screamed. He was breathing heavily, with beads of sweat trickling down his forehead. Shira sat up in shock as well and covered her mouth to stifle a squeal herself.

She looked at him in confusion, trying to register what just happened. His eyes were lost into the shadows, still caught up in fear.

"Hey, it was just a dream," She whispered calmly, putting her hands to his shoulders. Kylo didn't reply.

"You're alright," she whispered again, the feel of her lips brushing past his ear calmed him down. Gently, she lowered his head and laid it on her chest. She caressed his hair and whispered reassuring things, not daring to ask him if it was a premonition.

His breathing slowed, but he didn't sleep that night. He listened to her heartbeat, and wished to keep that sound forever. There were so many questions running through his head. Was that a premonition? Who killed her? Why was Han there? Why did she try to attack him?

If Kylo understood something at the time it was that now he had to protect her more than ever. He was not going to let that happen, even if it costed him his own life.

 ***

"But what do you love more? Me or the First Order?"

Her. Kylo loved her more than anything in that shitty galaxy. He looked down.

He couldn't tell her about the premonition; he knew how stubborn she could be. So he let go. This might be the last time he ever touched, but he refused to be weak.

He didn't kiss her. His hands just dropped beside him.

No he didn't agree, she wasn't better off without him. But she was safe, and that's all that mattered.