Chapter Fifteen - Approval

Start from the beginning

"They looked pretty crap to me" I replied, remembering the paintings they were selling "We should go to the museum instead, there is some really lovely paintings there" I continued, remembering what Jaymi had shown me

"Sounds like a good idea to me" Jaymi agreed, taking my side.
We all seemed to look at Duke, waiting for his opinion and final vote.

"I'm not getting involved" He smiled, holding his hands up in early surrender

"Oh, c'mon just agree to come to the museum with us" Jaymi groaned "You can't go against your own girlfriend, can you?" Jaymi cheekily taunted, raising her eyebrows.

"Hey, that's cheating" Riley objected

I refrained a giggle as Duke did, shaking his head

"Sorry Riles. She's right" He smirked, draping an arm over my shoulder.
Jaymi and I smiled in success, winning our battle.

Riley rolled his eyes before shooting Duke a death glare "Traitor" He mumbled as we got up to leave, tipping the waiter for our food.

We strolled towards the gallery, watching the passing locals, admiring the lakes that flowed beneath the bridges we walked over.

I was hand in hand with Duke, Riley and Jaymi hand in hand in front of us. I couldn't help but smile at them. They were adorable together and I loved seeing them so happy with each other.
It was what they both needed.
Love, real love.

"You seem happy about them" Duke spoke, noticing my intense stares and satisfied smile

"I am, they deserve it" I replied as we neared the gallery

"They do" He agreed, smiling down at me as I squeezed his hand.

We made it to the gallery within half an hour and entered the crisp white walled building, it's insides holding quiet guests carefully examining framed creativity.

Jaymi tugged Riley along, pointing out her favourites as he seemed to enjoy the museum more than expected.
I once again smiled, returning my attention to Duke as we slowly strolled along.

We stopped at a familiar painting and stared at it as I leaned my head on Duke's arm. He twisted his arm around my waist, letting my head fall on the side of his chest as I examined the painting I had grown to love.
It was the same one I had fallen for with Jaymi on our adventure.

Hung on the white wall was the thin framed painting of the couple kissing under a street lamp.
It's perfection never ceased to amaze me, every stroke creating deep emotion.

"I'll miss this painting when we have to leave" I smiled as I stared at it, resting my head against Dukes cold body

"If we leave" Duke smiled as I looked up at him

I smiled and thought about that reality.
Maybe I didn't want to go back, maybe staying here would be the better choice.
We could buy a little cottage, like the one I had dreamed about, we could live out our love happily in our own little world.

"Rosie! Hey!" A voice called from behind me

Duke and I quickly turned our heads, Duke's arm never leaving my waist.

"Hey Andrè!" I greeted as he stood in front of us, casual and unfazed by the Vampire that stood at my side.
Duke instantly tensed, his jaw muscles flexing as his arm flinched and tightened around me

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to act casual enough for Duke to relax

He shrugged "Checking some of the art out for my parents"