six ↠ realization

Start from the beginning

"Truth or dare?" Mitch asked me. "Uh, truth. I don't trust you with daring me to do stuff."

"Alright," he chuckled, "Um, do you have any animals?"

I shook my head, "No, but I want a cat."

He smiled, "So you're a cat person huh? I have one. His name is Wyatt and he's a sphinx."

I grinned, "I'd love to meet him."

He nodded, "I think he'd love you."

***

We made it to the top of it after awhile. I took in the view of the wall. It was rock, carvings marking the entire thing. They seemed to be astronomical with stars, suns, moons and a bunch of planets carved. They looked so professional that I honestly thought that they were made by some sort of tools, but they seemed hand made.

"How do you even know about these places?" I mumbled, tracing the wall with my hand. "Because I was anti-social in high school, I had a bunch of free time so I roamed LA for a while, finding them. The bridge was first, then the waterfall, then this wall. I guess I was a freak for aesthetically-made things."

I smiled at him as I look at him, "I'm glad, because these are stunning," I said as I grabbed my camera. I angled it and shot the photo, adding a few extras with different angles every time. Once I was done, I looked at them. I felt Mitch behind me as I stared at them, scrolling through them.

"Here," I chuckled, handing him it. "Thank you!" Mitch grinned, taking it from me. He seemed to like them and I was glad.

"These are beautiful," he grinned, handing the camera to me. He then looked to the carvings again, staring at them. He looked amazing with the sunlight glowing against his pale skin and I wanted to take a picture of him, but I contemplated it. Is it creepy?

Only one way to see.

I faced him and quickly took a photo and he heard the snap, so he immediately looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows, "Why did you take a picture of me?"

I didn't think as I responded, "Because Avi told me to capture whatever was beautiful."

Mitch widened his eyes. I widened mine as well, "I.. um... that didn't come out right. It just came out. Uh, I'm sorry."

He looked down with a smile, "It's alright. Thank you."

"Oh, uh, no problem," a blush was coming up my neck.

"There's another wall, follow me," he said after a short silence. I nodded, following him as he led me to a part of the hill that was somewhere behind the wall. Another one was there. It seemed to be more of an evolution of people type of thing. It started with a baby, a child around 6, another child around 12, a teenager that looked to be 16 or so, an 18 year old, a 24 year old, and a way older person, around their 70's maybe. That's what I think, anyways.

"This is cool," I smiled. I took a few more pictures and they turned out really well. Mitch took my camera and looked at them again. He nodded approvingly as he led me to yet another one.

This one was carved with gems like diamonds, rubies... it seemed to be mainly anything valuable.

"The point of these walls is basically to cherish what you have but not to use it irresponsibly. The aging people thing is like a family, this is about money and the astronomical one is about admiring the galaxy or world. That's what I've decided to think, anyways," Mitch said as he smiled at the gem wall. I smiled softly as I stared at him, "That's a good way to think of these."

He looked at me, "Thanks, I guess. I just think that'd be acceptable. There's no more, so we should probably get going, yeah?"

I nodded, "Okay."

He led me back down, having yet another hike down this horridly steep hill.

As I was going down, I thought about Mitch and the fact I accidentally called him beautiful. I'm an idiot—but it was true. I couldn't lie and seem creepy. But why did I even do it?

I smiled to myself at the thought of Mitch, and only him. A zoo erupted in my stomach, surprising me. What? Why do I have butterflies?

Oh no.

I like Mitch.

***

a/n:: please know that this will be around 10-15 chapters. it's really short, I know. i'm sorry if you're mad. and that is also why he's realizing it so early.

so yAy about the realization but aw about the small amount of chapters.

by the way, happy 2016! and i'm sorry about not updating. this is like a new year's gift?

*plays New Year's Day and walks away*