[ 08 ]

"Kija?" You spun towards the sound immediately. The scream definitely did sound like the white-haired pretty boy. Normally you wouldn't be that worried about him. Despite his looks, the Student Council Vice-President was strong. Well except maybe his logic and common sense.

And the fact that this was a supposed haunted house.

Haunted.

You were pretty sure he would rather be thrown into a lion's den then a haunted house.

"Kija?" You called out with uncertainty, a slight frown forming on your face. Grabbing Hak's wrist, you sprinted in the direction of the scream. Kija's pair should have left the house before your pair arrived, but if he was still here, there was probably something wrong.

And you planned to find out what it was.

"Kija!" You burst into the room to find Kija and his partner clinging onto each other for dear life.

"K-k-k-kaichouuuuuuu!" Kija glanced at you with terrified eyes, before returning his gaze to the curtains in the room. Lifting a finger shakily, he pointed at the fabric. "It m-moved..."

"It was probably just the wind." You smiled at the duo, trying to reassure them.

"But Kaichou-saaaaaan," The ravenette behind you smirked. "The windows are closed."

Your heart stopped for a moment and your grip around his wrist tightened as his words sank in.

The windows are closed.

There is ... no wind.

You wrapped your arms around Hak's, hugging it like you would never let go. Without a word, Hak stepped cautiously towards the curtains. You tried to tug on his arm to stop him as the Kija pair stared in fear, but to no avail. Hak threw open the curtains to reveal...

Nothing.

Or that was what you thought until you noticed the small fur ball nibbling on an acorn on the floor.

"Ao!" You heaved a sigh of relief as the squirrel leapt onto your shoulder. He must have wondered off by himself.

"It's all alright, Kij-" That was when you noticed the flag in his hands, and the big imprinted "3" on it.

Speechless, the only word that came out of your mouth as you pointed at his flag was "3".

Kija stared at your finger, then at the flag, before lifting it closer to his face to take a closer look. And then he noticed. Kija was really taking "slow" to the next level.

Luckily, Hak had noticed and grabbed the "1" flag before he was dragged away. The two pairs exchanged flags and hurriedly made their way out of the mansion.

"By the way Kaichou-san."

"Hm?" You continued walking, not sparing Hak a glance.

"Do you like hugging my arm so much?"

Instinctively, you let go.

"It's not like a like hugging it or anything! I just... forgot..." With your flushed face, you stormed ahead of your partner.

Hak stared after you and chuckled.

Damn, why's she so cute.