[ 03 ]

Another boring school day, another boring lesson. You sighed. Twirling the pen around your fingers, you glanced at your tablemate, who was staring out of the window with a faraway look in his eyes. You had always found his golden eyes beautiful, but when you tried to take a better look, he would always cover his face with his hands in embarrassment. Being the only one who interacted with him, you were quite proud to be the lone soul who knew about this cute side to him.

"Shin-ah, isn't Ao with you today?" You whispered into his ear. You were tired of listening to the lecture, and yearned to play with Shin-ah's soft, fluffy bundle of joy.

Speak of the devil, the squirrel popped his tiny head out from Shin-ah's clothing and stared happily at you. Hopping into your outstretched hands, he nuzzled against your wrist lovingly.

Watching the interaction between you, Shin-ah, and his pet squirrel, from behind, was a ravenette whose face was twisted in jealousy. He knew that you were friends, and only friends, but he couldn't help feeling uncomfortable at the scene in front of him. He suddenly wished he could become Ao.

When the bell rang and the lesson finally came to an end, most of the students filtered out of the classroom towards the cafeteria, while others fished out their lunchboxes. Hak watched as Yoon, your cousin, carried his table to join you and Shin-ah for lunch.

"Yoon! Someone's looking for you!" One of the classmates standing by the door called out to him. What was her name again? Oh well. It didn't matter to Hak. He only needed to know the name of one girl.

Yoon sighed and left the table to meet the male. Probably another confession. Hak thought. A pretty boy easily mistaken for a girl. That was Yoon.

Hak focused his attention back to you and the blue-haired boy. He could vaguely make out what the conversation was about.

"Shin-ah, your lunchbox is so plain again! Here, have an omelette." You said as you picked up one of your rolled eggs with your chopstick, putting your other hand below it in case it drops. You inched the egg towards Shin-ah, obviously with the intent to feed him.

An irk-mark appeared on Hak's forehead. In a flash, he stood in front of the two of you, his mouth closing over your omelette. In a second, the egg disappeared from your chopstick.

"Thank you for the grub." Hak said, satisfied, as he munched gleefully on his stolen rolled egg. He turned and strolled out of the class to the vending machines, with a blushing (Name) raising her chopsticks murderously at his back.